Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gemini Rue

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 24, 2011

An intense indie adventure for the PC and iOS, set in a bleak future dominated by a corrupt crime syndicate. The game was the 2010 winner of the Independent Game Festival Student Showcase.

Well, this is a pretty awesome game!

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

So I watched the quick look and because I have next to none experience with this "old school" kind of adventure games I decided to go for it and bought it. I am big sci-fi fan and this game was very good, great story. But the mood was the main thing for me, I definetelly recomend it.

It took me two sittings to finish, probably about 6-7 hours total (experienced players will be able to finish it much quicker, there were a few instances I got stuck and I refused to look up the solutions online).

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterChief

I would buy it if it was on Steam. No idea why it isn't.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @MisterChief:  I believe the creator is looking into getting it onto Steam eventually. However, buying it from Wadjet site means the dev gets 100% of the profits, so that's probably why he hasn't done it yet.
    daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By daavpuke

Took you guys long enough. I'm lucky to have been tracking it since prior to the release in January.

@owl_of_minerva said:

" @MisterChief:  I believe the creator is looking into getting it onto Steam eventually. However, buying it from Wadjet site means the dev gets 100% of the profits, so that's probably why he hasn't done it yet. "

This is partially true. They are trying to get onto Steam. I believe there's a petition to be found on either the Wadjet site or Joshua's blog. Either way, Wadjet splits the profits between them and all parties involved, so the creator Joshua doesn't get 100%of profits anymore. But that's somewhat irrelevant, everyone should pick this up now. It's pointless to wait to get it on Steam, since you can just get it now and it'd be the exact same game..
    floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By floodiastus

Finally some Gemini Rue love, this is my favorite game of 2011 so far. Although I havent played portal 2 yet hehe 

I got a review up on it, if anyone wants to check it.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By fjordson

I'm playing through this now after seeing the quick look and trying the demo. So incredibly happy that I found out about this. Most definitely my favourite game this year thus far.

Even went and bought the soundtrack on iTunes.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ramone

Yep it's pretty awesome. Heavily inspired by Blade Runner but it still has a great story and setting.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ectoplasma

Props for not looking up the solutions. You're actually ment to get stuck in point and click adventrue games. It's part of the fun to have to figure things out.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Winternet

I've finished. I enjoy it a lot. Great setting, great story, great characters. Puzzles are accessible. The only flaw may be the shooting sequences. Although they're a bit janky, they are easy to get through so not as a serious flaw. A great point n click adventure game. I recommend it.

@ectoplasma: Except when you have to kick the muck. Fuck that.
    psychofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By psychofish
    @MisterChief: I think they tried to get it on Steam, but it was rejected for having too low resolution. 
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Daveyo520

Yes it is, I love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.