Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 30, 2008

With several new modes and updated visuals, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 proves to be a worthy successor to the Xbox Live Arcade smash hit, Geometry Wars.

If you kinda sucked at the first, is it worth buying the second?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

While I do enjoy the first game, my top score was only around 700,000.  Is there any chance I would buy this and not even be able to unlock all the different game modes?  If it helps, my top score in deadline so far is only 3 million.

Nogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nogert

Yeah it's so much easier and much more varied with new game types.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Unlocking all the gametypes isn't very hard and you don't have to be good at the game to unlock them.  They will unlock more quickly if you're good at it but, that's all.  Plus they're worth unlocking because the game is really really fun, except for maybe sequence.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Hannibal

3 million isn't bad. Just work a little at it and you'll be good. Pacifism is really fun and doesn't really require a lot of skill.

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By DanCarmichael

If your going to compare GW1 to GW2's "evolved" mode which is basically survive as long as you can with increasing difficulty then id say they are both just as hard.

The other game types are still a lot of fun though, and if you have fun playing the game I really don't think difficulty should deter you.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "Unlocking all the gametypes isn't very hard and you don't have to be good at the game to unlock them.  They will unlock more quickly if you're good at it but, that's all.  Plus they're worth unlocking because the game is really really fun, except for maybe sequence."
    I read that in a review and decided to buy it.  Thanks for the advice though.  Only thing that bothers me about the game is that King and Waves only have one life.  You could be having a great game, but then do something stupid, and suddenly it's all over.  They're still fun, though.  Game was definitely worth the points. 
    DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By DanCarmichael

Yeah I agree. I tried out multiplayer and there where a number of cool powers which I think would have been cool if you had the option to add too these game modes.

Like giving you the choice if you'd like to play a certain game mode with more lives, a time limit, with different music or with power ups enabled.

Perfect_Winter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Perfect_Winter

It's definitely worth buying 2 because of the way they break down the game into different modes. Each mode requires different skills, plus it doesn't really matter how good you are because the game is about trying to do a little better than you did the last time every time you play. It's absolutely worth the money because there's so much more content to keep you amused.

peter_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By peter_j
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "While I do enjoy the first game, my top score was only around 700,000.
    700,000? Damn, I would have been happy with that score. Mine's was only in the 300,000 range and still bought geo wars 2 because I love it. I'm playing a lot now and starting to improve.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.