Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

How is no one talking about this?

HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By HawkSE

This game will be amazing. I was born in '83. So I grew up to Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. This game will FINALLY be able to give old fans and new fans alike a perspective we haven't seen before.

Plus with the ability for co-op and multiplayer this will be phenominal game to play.

Who will be getting this?

goataroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By goataroo

I was born in '84, so I too share your deep love for all things Ghostbusters. It's pretty strange to go back and watch those same movies now, realizing that many of the jokes were way over my head at the time. Strange, but good all the same.

That said, this game is a day one purchase for me. I believe co-op and multiplayer were confirmed for the Wii iteration of this game, but has anything been definitely settled for the 360 and PS3 versions? I'm all for as much co-op as possible for a title like this, but I don't know that it has been confirmed at this point.

It's really about time someone made a decent Ghostbusters game, though. Not that I didn't love the sheer simplicity of the NES outing, but it never really satisfied my need to kick some paranormal ass. If this game winds up being as good as every preview has made it out to be, that will be a happy day indeed.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Player1

I agree. Im about to start another post talking about gameplay. Post there.

Also it is funny to go back and watch old movies. Only to realize how many of the jokes were over your head

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

You're right, we do need more Ghostbusters talk around here. I know I'm excited for this title. Hopefully some of the graphics and animation problems from the trailers are fixed for release. Other then that, can't wait.

GreenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By GreenLantern

Is it wrong that I want to get slimed?

While the gameplay looks pretty cool, the main selling point for me is the fact that this game will more or less be GHOSTBUSTERS 3!!

Written by Akroyd and Ramis, starring ALL the original heroes, and a lot of the supporting cast (Jeanine!), this is as close to a third movie as we'll ever get, and it's perfectly fine by me!

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Termite

Will there be multiplayer?

I would like to choose the marshmallow man class

TheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheDude

I am so pumped for this game... I to grew up with the ghostbusters and can't wait to get my hands on this one.. with all the actors and writers coming back to work on the game it has high hopes to be a good one .. ..It's MillerTime!!!

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Psynapse
    Landstander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Landstander

I was born in '84 and seeing as a fair amount of my time as a kid was spent making a proton pack out of cardboard boxes, you could say im abit excited about this. I'm well pleased that Dan Aykroyd is writting it!

I definately need to go back and rewatch the movies to see if they still stand up.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Lemegeton

really looking forward to this. hope it delivers on the potential it has shown thus far

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By KindGalaxy

Activision's taking over of Vivendi's Game Division did not include Ghostbusters, maybe it's cancelled. How's that for talking about it? :D

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oobs

yes looks like it won't be getting released..how strange seems a fair way into development

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KindGalaxy

Well, the developer wasn't owned by Vivendi; thus not owned by Activision, if Activision-Blizzard really don't pick up Ghostbusters they could goto another company; THQ for example and pitch the game for publication.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

They've done too much work on it for it to be canceled outright now just because activison says so. I would imagine they would just try to find another publisher if possible,but I'm sure no one knows the whole thing that is actually going on so,I guess we can only see.

Beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Beaudman
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By c1337us

I think that the Ghostbusters game will be good too. But for whatever reason I just haven't really been that hyped for the game. So I am content enough to wait this one out see what the release brings and if it flops I wont be too disappointed and if it turns out alright well all the better.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#17  Edited By psykhophear

I've been waiting for a new Ghostbusters sequel for many years and I'm so happy a new one is arriving, but not in cinema form, but in a video game form. Even better!!!

Redsand26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Redsand26

Here's the latest preview from gametrailers.  I had my doubts at first, but it looks like this game is shaping up quite nicely.

Superspiritgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superspiritgun

BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.