Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

No Ghostbusters 3. Why?

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BigDo6

Anyone have a fairly good idea why Ghostbusters 3 isn't being made? I've heard several rumors and looked online, but I haven't been able to find anything legitimate.

BloodRavyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BloodRavyne

The video game IS GB3

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BigDo6

I understand that BloodRawne, I get that the game is taking the place of the Ghostbusters movie, but I wonder why they aren't making the movie.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By evilhomer
    BigDo6 said:
    "I understand that BloodRawne, I get that the game is taking the place of the Ghostbusters movie, but I wonder why they aren't making the movie."
    the movie didnt get the greenlight from studio heads, but akyrod/ramis still wanted to make gb so they went video game instead
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech
    evilhomer said:
    "BigDo6 said:
    "I understand that BloodRawne, I get that the game is taking the place of the Ghostbusters movie, but I wonder why they aren't making the movie."
    the movie didnt get the greenlight from studio heads, but akyrod/ramis still wanted to make gb so they went video game instead
    "
    Also, they're getting pretty damn old. I would rather them not pull a Crystal Skull.
    BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BigDo6

Good point systech. Ha ha!

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Lemegeton

i think Bill Murray did not want to do a 3rd movie either. im hoping this game wont just be a once off

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jax

Yeah, Bill Murray didn't want to do another movie, and the execs up at the study didn't believe it could be done.

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Jared
    Jax said:
    "Yeah, Bill Murray didn't want to do another movie, and the execs up at the study didn't believe it could be done.
    "
    Thats what I read as well. I believe Bill Murray's comment in regards to not doing GB3 were that he doesn't do those "types" of movies anymore.
    Superspiritgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superspiritgun

But he does those type of video games now? Whatever, doesn't matter, I can not wait for this game. If it's good it'll be the best thing since...well....since ghostbusters 2!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

GB3 was going to be the Apatow crew of actors playing newbie Ghostbusters (ya know, Seth Rogen and those guys).  Apparently, studios didn't dig it.

The game was already in production before the movie, and the game was so far along already that it would've been a waste.  Plus, from what I understand, Atari paid a pretty penny for it.  My guess is they are hoping it'll pull them back into the public eye...and out of some fucking debt.

Unfortunately, Ghostbusters has the name "Terminal Reality" attached to it...and I'm not huge fans of those guys, nor have they ever really delivered a polished game that was worth talking about for long.

So we'll see what happens...
    Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

Ghost Busters 3 would of been good in the nineties. But now? No. It would of been a wreck. Now that they are so old, bringing in new actors would of killed it also. The game is the best they can do. It might make a shit ton of money too.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Jackel2072

Ghostbusters 3 may become a reality   

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/news#ni0621598

granted they have been talking about a 3rd movie for as long as i can remember, but never the less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.