Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

I hate UPS

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

So I preordered the GOW III  Ultimate Edition from Gamestop.com, (none where I live)  and I paid for release day delivery and what do I wake up to a "Your package has been rescheduled for delivery on 3/17/10" (tomorrow) why?  as they put it "adverse weather conditions" in this case fog that delayed it from moving out of Springfield MO for about 2 hours, so it finally gets to my nearest shipment receiving facility (about 14 miles from here) and it still can't be delivered today because "it got there too late" 12:30 PM to be exact they deliver until 7 PM, so that tells me they must only do one truck load a day or their too lazy to go get more stuff.  Add to that the fact that the fog in Springfield wasn't even bad enough for an advisory so I think someone was just too scared to drive in a bit of fog,  So thanks to UPS no GOW III for me until  tomorrow, it  wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't paid for delivery on release day but it still pisses me off.

UPDATE: I guess my angry phone call to UPS did some good, low and behold I have my game.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

So I preordered the GOW III  Ultimate Edition from Gamestop.com, (none where I live)  and I paid for release day delivery and what do I wake up to a "Your package has been rescheduled for delivery on 3/17/10" (tomorrow) why?  as they put it "adverse weather conditions" in this case fog that delayed it from moving out of Springfield MO for about 2 hours, so it finally gets to my nearest shipment receiving facility (about 14 miles from here) and it still can't be delivered today because "it got there too late" 12:30 PM to be exact they deliver until 7 PM, so that tells me they must only do one truck load a day or their too lazy to go get more stuff.  Add to that the fact that the fog in Springfield wasn't even bad enough for an advisory so I think someone was just too scared to drive in a bit of fog,  So thanks to UPS no GOW III for me until  tomorrow, it  wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't paid for delivery on release day but it still pisses me off.

UPDATE: I guess my angry phone call to UPS did some good, low and behold I have my game.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz
    @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
    "So I preordered the GOW III  Ultimate Edition from Gamestop.com, (none where I live)  and I paid for release day delivery and what do I wake up to a "Your package has been rescheduled for delivery on 3/17/10" (tomorrow) why?  as they put it "adverse weather conditions" in this case fog that delayed it from moving out of Springfield MO for about 2 hours, so it finally gets to my nearest shipment receiving facility (about 14 miles from here) and it still can't be delivered today because "it got there too late" 12:30 PM to be exact they deliver until 7 PM, so that tells me they must only do one truck load a day or their too lazy to go get more stuff.  Add to that the fact that the fog in Springfield wasn't even bad enough for an advisory so I think someone was just too scared to drive in a bit of fog,  So thanks to UPS no GOW III for me until  tomorrow, it  wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't paid for delivery on release day but it still pisses me off. "

It's okay; I signed up for Release Date Delivery, but they changed my order to standard delivery just prior to release (and with no warning). So now my copy is due to come in on the 20th.....
    steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By steelharrison

Shipping never goes right for me either, its depressing waiting for a game to come in everyday and getting your hopes up everyday that today is the day the game will come in then they are crushed...

steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By steelharrison
    @jukezypoo said:
    "@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
    "So I preordered the GOW III  Ultimate Edition from Gamestop.com, (none where I live)  and I paid for release day delivery and what do I wake up to a "Your package has been rescheduled for delivery on 3/17/10" (tomorrow) why?  as they put it "adverse weather conditions" in this case fog that delayed it from moving out of Springfield MO for about 2 hours, so it finally gets to my nearest shipment receiving facility (about 14 miles from here) and it still can't be delivered today because "it got there too late" 12:30 PM to be exact they deliver until 7 PM, so that tells me they must only do one truck load a day or their too lazy to go get more stuff.  Add to that the fact that the fog in Springfield wasn't even bad enough for an advisory so I think someone was just too scared to drive in a bit of fog,  So thanks to UPS no GOW III for me until  tomorrow, it  wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't paid for delivery on release day but it still pisses me off. "
    It's okay; I signed up for Release Date Delivery, but they changed my order to standard delivery just prior to release (and with no warning). So now my copy is due to come in on the 20th..... "

I'm blessed to have a gamestop about 2 minutes from my house
    BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
    It's okay; I signed up for Release Date Delivery, but they changed my order to standard delivery just prior to release (and with no warning). So now my copy is due to come in on the 20th..... "
    I'd be calling customer service at GS to find out why the hell they did that.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jkz
    @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    " @BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
    I'd be calling customer service at GS to find out why the hell they did that. "

Oh don't worry I did; they gave me some BS about limited availability or something of the sort (not quite sure how that would effect shipping speed), but in the end I managed to coax out an apology coupled with free shipping....still doesn't really help, but oh well.
    BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    @steelharrison said:
    "

Shipping never goes right for me either, its depressing waiting for a game to come in everyday and getting your hopes up everyday that today is the day the game will come in then they are crushed...

"
    Yeah same thing happened for my Bioshock 2 LE though it was more understandable as it was snow.
    BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    @steelharrison said:
    " @jukezypoo said:
    "@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
    I'm blessed to have a gamestop about 2 minutes from my house "
    That would be nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.