Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

In lieu of new games, we get.. God of War III?

• 102 results
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

You guys sticking around for these consoles? I've got some left over games from last gen in the fridge if you want.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By devise22

@civid said:

@geraltitude said:

I have too many new games for PS4 already and too little time to care about GoWIII (eugh). Chalk it up to me being busy, but it is what it is.

Huge Ass Rant:

What's happening in the industry is exceedingly transparent and obvious to all of us. I don't comprehend why people are acting like game companies are willfully not making new games, it completely boggles my mind. We are all here posting and reading about games every day. We know what is up right now. Call of Duty, the king of "comes out every year" transitioned to a 3 year cycle because they need it. To be a reductive jerk, that's 3 years for a 4-6 hour campaign and a multiplayer largely based on existing systems. Now go ahead and entirely reboot a franchise like God of War. Go ahead and build a whole new franchise, not based on anything. Tell me how long you think it should take. How long have Arkham Knight, the Witcher 3 and MGSV been in development? How long does a GTA game take? How long will Uncharted 3's development have been when it finally comes out? And you want brand new games/franchises of that caliber, now?

We know that every single AAA game is a 2-5 year process. We also know that the new consoles just came out. Only a fraction of developers had started building any games at all before the consoles came out, because that's smart business. If that makes you angry - OK? When you have a multimillion dollar company, you can tell your workforce to ignore the giant install bases and start building a game for a console with 0 users because it seems it will be popular.

PS4 was released in November 2013. That's 1 year and 4 months ago, roughly.

1 year. 4 months.

Every AAA game is a 2-5 year process.

Something doesn't add up between our expectations and the reality of the situation.

You know I get what you're saying. You're right, these things doesn't just make themselves, they take time and that's cool. But this was not a problem last generation. 2006 and 2007 had plenty of new inventive IP's, new iterations on excisting franchises and plenty of B-list releases to hold over when releases were drying up. So what the hell happened? Did AAA game development just become so fucking bloated and financially out of control that we should be grateful if we have to wait 2, maybe 3 years before these boxes get going? How is that okay?

Indy changed everything. Middling games don't really exist anymore. You either make the sequels that the publishers want out every year or second year and have on a cycle. Or your credibility as a studio was good enough to get you a big deal with a publisher that allows you freedom to make what you want with a bigger team and a big budget. Or you make your own team of people and do what you want and release it.

Also people saying we had no new IP's make me laugh. Destiny, Evolve, The Order, Drive Club, The Crew, Watch Dogs, Lords of the Fallen, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Dying Light, Telltale released several new franchises, Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive. There is probably more that is just what I could think of off the top of my head.

Not all of those are exclusives, some launched broken but the biggest difference? We are too fucking entitled. Games were NOT that great on last gen consoles this early in the generation. We just forgave the bullshit for it because indy wasn't what it is now. Now expectations are so much higher because it's so easy to play literally thousands of other great amazing games whether they be on steam or on the console platforms. It isn't a matter of "wait a year". It's no different than last generation with AAA games from these big companies. They release a new IP that has good ideas and sells alright, they iterate on it with a sequel that does gangbusters. The issue now will be if many of these new IP's do any good with people refusing to accept anything remotely sub par about anything anymore.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I'm ok with these remasters. I think it's obvious though that these new consoles were rushed to market. Should've given devs more time to actually make games for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.