Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gone Home

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 15, 2013

Set in a large multi-story house during a 1995 thunderstorm, Gone Home is a first-person exploration game where a young woman finds out what happened to her family since she was away on a long overseas trip.

I think I might of ruined the game for myself (spoilers)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

So I just completed Gone Home for the second time and all I gotta say is what a great game, plenty of threads out there so I'll keep it to that. The reason I played the game twice was during my first play through while in the library, I discovered one of the secret compartments in the corner wall before it was actually marked. I initially thought this was some sort of secret hidden easter egg so I started systematically going through each room available in hopes of find more of them. That's when I stumbled across the doorway under the staircase thinking I discovered another hidden secret. Next thing I knew I beat the game with a dumbfounded look on my face completely lost about what went down. I got to ask if anybody else might of had this experience or might of missed some of the things that occurred in the story due to missing a journal?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@i_stay_puft: Wow, that's seriously a unique experience. Didn't even think they'd let you do that. I remember trying to open some of those panels in the wall before I knew it was definitely possible, but picked the wrong ones... luckily. Hard-locking access to that stuff until you get the correct keys/maps is one thing I really wouldn't complain about "game-ifying."

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Someone else mentioned doing that in another thread :( It's a bummer, but if you haven't already, keep exploring, there's a lot more to discover.

Also, a little tid-bit, It's actually possible to just straight off finish the game in under a minute...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Someone else mentioned doing that in another thread :( It's a bummer, but if you haven't already, keep exploring, there's a lot more to discover.

Also, a little tid-bit, It's actually possible to just straight off finish the game in under a minute...

Yeah man after the credit rolled I dived in again and played it pretty much straight forward the way the developers intended. I think if you followed what they intended for you to do you should be fine. Just that during my first play through I kinda went exploring off the beaten trail.

Conrad148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I found access to the basement through this button on the ceiling in 1 of the closets. I guess other people got the key instead, I thought it was pretty cool that if you're observant you can find stuff early.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Potts

It makes the house feel more real - that you can find the hidden rooms before you are "supposed to." I mean, these secret passages should have two entrances anyway.

I thought I had explored the Library with a fine tooth comb, and I looked through mom & dad's closet pretty thoroughly, but didn't find that secret murder hallway (as I would have called it as a teenager) until after I found the note between Sam & Lonnie talking about it. The fact that you could have opened it from the library side so early on makes perfect sense from an architectural standpoint - there's no reason that you shouldn't be able to, except for not knowing it's there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.