This game is credit to the industry.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

After all these years, we finally have it. This game, this fucking game, is an achievement of unparalleled scope and depth. A complex tapestry of perverse hooks and diaphragms meticulously arranged into this startling masterpiece of game design and foresight.

Finally, we have the perfect vetting process for if a game reviewer's opinion is shit or not.

This game hits all the right notes. It isn't a game, it's incredibly pretentious, and the story almost seems to have been written from the ground up to appeal to people who have never read something longer than a tumblr article.

Thank you Fullbright. You may never know the true impact of your work, but we thank you from the bottom of our hearts

#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11741 posts) -

Bahahah. This thread is going to go well.

#3 Posted by jiggajoe14 (691 posts) -

I'm not sure if my sarcasm meter is working or not....can anyone help me? Might have to replace the batteries.

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Man, you throw dark.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3911 posts) -

So this game is art then?

#6 Posted by Vuud (1997 posts) -

yo I herd dis game got lesbians in it. that's real shit, mirite?

#8 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Abe Simspon gif

#9 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

#10 Posted by TheHT (11284 posts) -
#11 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
#12 Posted by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -

I hate people sometimes

#13 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

we art now

#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

The internet never changes.

#15 Edited by afabs515 (1083 posts) -

I don't understand why we can't all just live and let live...

#17 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

A wee bit of buyer's remorse, have we?

#18 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

I'm hitting the abort button so hard right now.

#19 Edited by Mento (2547 posts) -

Gone Home was certainly no Elebits, I'll tell you what.

But then if anything that game was even more pretentious. If you look up pretentious in a dictionary, which isn't something we internet dudes are likely to do any time soon because dictionaries are for pretentious people who want to know more words than they could possibly ever need, you'll see a picture of Elebits doing a little dance all smug in their power-granting superiority. So pretentiously pretentious, the little orange bastards.

Man, fuck Elebits.

#20 Posted by Hunter5024 (5686 posts) -

When people call art pretentious, I kind of wonder if they actually know what pretentious means.

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

Everyone's gushing reactions about Gone Home and Brothers are the exact kind of reactions where I go "Yep, never playing that." Call me a hipster if you want but the sect of the industry that constantly strives and yearns for some stupid main stream acceptance by lofting certain games up as beacons that they are "games as art" or whatever bullshit again... pisses me off. So, TL;DR I laughed.

#22 Posted by Whitestripes09 (408 posts) -

I thought... it was going to be a little different. I don't think it really justifies the $20 price tag though.

#23 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@shagge said:

I didn't buy it.

Why the fuck would you spend $20 for this shit.

#24 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Oh LXB you so cray cray.

#25 Edited by Hunter5024 (5686 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Everyone's gushing reactions about Gone Home and Brothers are the exact kind of reactions where I go "Yep, never playing that." Call me a hipster if you want but the sect of the industry that constantly strives and yearns for some stupid main stream acceptance by lofting certain games up as beacons that they are "games as art" or whatever bullshit again... pisses me off. So, TL;DR I laughed.

You think Gone Home and Brothers are appreciated because they think the main stream will accept them? I guarantee they won't sell a fraction of what any Call of Duty game sells, and that's basically the exact opposite kind of game. I like Gone Home because it's kind of a sweet love story, not because of some hopes I have that it will change the industry or make us look better or whatever.

#26 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

@shagge said:

I didn't buy it.

Why the fuck would you spend $20 for this shit.

I didn't. Spent $10, because $20 is too much and deals exist.

I'm just saying that you're so horribly worked up over people liking something that you don't, that there had to be either buyer's remorse or just internet rage involved, and I was hoping it was buyer's remorse. Otherwise what are you even doing? God forbid a game came out that people other than you enjoyed, and toward which some of said people used hyperbole when discussing.

Were you this overwhelmed with floods of your own snark when people didn't shun The Walking Dead?

#27 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@shagge: People don't deserve joy.

#28 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

Yeah! And then we should burn all the books because FUCK THOSE PRETENTIOUS CUNTS TOO, amirite?!

Woo!

#29 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

It's a 3/5, 4/5 game to me. It's too easy to call things pretentious. I heard that a ton about Dear Esther too. I'm honestly not even sure what that's supposed to imply about the product. I mean how do you fix that for the people who don't like whatever it is that makes a game pretentious?

Anyway, the game is a really neat experiences but it's not the second coming. I don't totally get why people would call it 'important' or 'an achievement'. It's just a very cool experience that is a bit over-priced if I'm honest. But I'm very happy it exists and for some people who have a lot in common with the game's story will find it really amazing. Like I found Dear Esther's story amazing for a very personal reason.

#30 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

@shagge: People don't deserve joy.

Wa-hey! Too edgy for me! I'm going to go hug a puppy before I end up sinking into incurable ennui and growing a taste for Sylvia Plath.

#31 Edited by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

While you're free to civilly discuss your own opinion of a game here on the forums and even to discuss what you might see as flaws in opposing opinions, creating a thread to actively insult people with a differing opinion is not something that's welcome here.

Locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.