Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

B-Spec

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By callik

Anyone have any tips or car recommendations for using the B-Spec drivers?

My guy can't overtake a similar performance car to save his life, keeping the pressure bar thing constantly maxed causing him to drive like ass the entire race. He's managed to spin out on the penultimate corner going from second to sixth, as well as being overtaken twice in as many corners doing nought to defend position.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By psylah

Part of the B-spec mode is watching the race, keeping your racer at a maintained pace behind your rival, and waiting for him to make a mistake.

When he makes that mistake, issue the order to overtake and increase the pace.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By ethan_raiden

Driving like an ass is a good way to loose, you need to keep him cool, theres no need to be in first place after the first lap, youre going to mess him up contantly giving him overtake and increase pace orders.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Bouke
    @Callik: 
    I messed arround with the B-spec mode; but previous advice is not great when you start from 5th or 6th place! 

The driver you start out with is a total loser and the only way i got him to win anything was by giving him a faster car; i put him in the Toyota 86 FT in the Sunday Cup and he won every single race. In the Civic Type R (i won the races in) his best result was a third place.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

They need to add the fast-foward button like in GT4. 

I can't do B-Spec if it keeps going at the same pace as a real race, falling asleep.  x.x

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Revan_NL

Here's a tip: don't play B-Spec. It's a waste of time and I can hardly believe that they put so much time and effort in it.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FrankCanada97

I enjoy B-Spec, but it's probably because my driver is doing better. Did the Sunday Cup; first race on Autumn Ring Mini was pathetic at 5th. The Grand Valley race he finished in 3rd and the last race at Tsukuba was a winner. Maybe it's because I enjoy watching races, B-Spec seems more fun to me.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @FrankCanada97: Can you B-Spec be higher than your A-Spec?  If it can, I might as well farm out B-Spec levels to unlock the damage quicker.  x.x
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @KaosAngel: I haven't gotten to that point. It could be just me, but it seems that A-Spec levels faster than B-Spec. But that might be due to the license tests and special events.
    lutonhatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lutonhatter
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @FrankCanada97: Can you B-Spec be higher than your A-Spec?  If it can, I might as well farm out B-Spec levels to unlock the damage quicker.  x.x "
    Yes, what you have unlocked is based on the highest figure from the two.
    GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GJSmitty

I've only played one race in B-Spec.  My guy was in second place and really close to the finish line he spun out and got almost last place. 
    I'm done with B-Spec.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Druminator

I can't stand B-Spec. No matter what orders I give my driver he's always trailing in last place. Is it suppose to be this way until your driver levels up or what?

Halopower67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Halopower67

I think the best advice so far for B-Spec i have is that you should do A-Spec a lot and the special races ao you get great cars and then you can make your driver in B-Spec beat everyone since he has such an overpowered car.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.