Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 5

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 24, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition in the long running racing game series by Polyphony Digital. The game sports over 1000 vehicles, damage modeling on race cars, a dedicated television channel, lots of races, 16 player online multiplayer, and active weather.

Kazunori Yamauchi twitter feed

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By mjk1

Since Kaz answers a lot of question regarding GT5 on his twitter I thought it would be a good idea to post them here. Below is a list of his GT5 tweets and I will update this post with new tweets. These are translated using Google and reworded to make more sense. (quite a few of them are from GTPlanet user agyusu, as he has better translations) 

DECEMBER 1ST 2010

Kaz:  Updates will be available in late December to back up your saved data to another storage.

Snakecla: I'm Waiting for mechanical damage 
    Kaz: Soon it'll be configurable. Update in early December.  

Misterpigz: Any updates on the new RS wheel Thrustmaster T500? 
    Kaz: T500RS has great potential. I can not wait to launch the device.

DECEMBER 2ND 2010 

h_kabukichi: Will it be possible to apply horsepower restrictions via something like air restrictor plates used in SUPER GT? I'd like to see races with limitations defined that way...
    Kaz: I do think air restrictors and ballasts are necessary.   

goodup2k: I'd like to be able to see everyone's time attack records!
    Kaz: It will be available sometime in the latter half of December.  

yupasm: I'd like to be able to share my replay files with friends.
    Kaz: In GT5, replay files are huge. So it won't easily be shareable.  

alex_dlc: Volkswagen Scirocco pic
    Kaz: We were unable to make it in the game in time.  

hagino: I think there are too many rooms restricted to friends... Can something be done about it?
    Kaz: If you're going to play with friends only, I think the "My Lounge" would be better. The one with the coffee cup icon.   

crossxfire68: A simple question, is Motor Toon Gran Prix based on the same engine...
    Kaz: MTGP,GT1,GT2,GT3,GT4,and GT5 all have different engines.     

na35f: We were able to adjust individual gear ratios in GT5P. Why can't we do that now?
    Kaz: If it's to be done manually only, it would be easy to implement. However if it's to be done automatically as well, it becomes an issue with the UI. It's not impossible, of course. 

RedBullRacer: when will online leaderboards be released?   
    Kaz: Around late December   

tomm_n: could you tell us in which price range the Thrustmaster T500 RS will fall into? Thanks a lot!
    Kaz: It's about $500. It's pretty high-end stuff.  

lmerigar: possible new GT-mode events in future updates? 
    Kaz: Yes 

Ether_Tsubuyaki: What Will Be included in the Thrustmaster T500?    
    Kaz: Steering & shift paddles only. H pattern shifter is sold separately. T500RS position is a high-quality, premium steering. 

Dlaumor_:  Why not include (...maybe means fully support) the G25 and G27 are in GT5?      
    Kaz: Pedal pitch is too narrow. I have big feet. This is a joke but, the problem is quite substantial.   

Manjula8: Are you going to fix the jaggy shadows?
    Kaz: I say it again. There are several reasons for jaggy shadows. Camera extremely flexible, dynamic and wide-area lighting needs, it was not cost  effective.

agya: Here is a question from people at GTPlanet: Will it be possible to create point to point courses in the course maker? It would be awesome to race down a tough course...
    Kaz: As there is a rally mode (With Point to Point courses), it's possible, of course. It now comes down to designing the "flow" of the game. 

DECEMBER 3RD 2010

chocobo1228: Is there a reason "shaking vision" is not emulated in the game? 
    Kaz: A wide field of angle is mostly to blame. Also, it's because the camera is equipped with a spring and damper. However, if you set your field of vision to "narrow," you would notice that the view is actually shaking quite a bit.     

kochan_lupin: Can you make it so we can set the lounge description to something longer than just 10 letters?
    Kaz: This is an issue with PSN. It's unfortunate, but we can' do anything about it.     

ryubigandam: Drifting in GT5 is much easier to pull off than in GT4... I'm happy we can drift without having to set it (the car) up in meticulous detail!
    Kaz: Thanks for noticing that. We put in considerable effort creating from scratch the driving physics to make that possible.     

fom2896: When an AI driver rear ends me, I go off course as if I'm pushed around by the AI. In an oval course like NASCAR, this is fatal.
    Kaz: That happens due to the physics engine's approximation of the "leading draft", a unique phenomenon in NASCAR.    

kurobuti060309: Is it just me, or there's a lot more grip on dirt and snow courses than in GT4?
    Kaz: Do you have the "skid recovery force" turned on? It's better if you turn that off for dirt and snow courses.  

DECEMBER 7TH 2010

omssa1: I think GT5 is wonderful! But I've been wondering, can we drive tracks made with the course maker with friends, and can we add AI drivers to our online sessions, even if it's just for "My Lounge?" I'm looking forward to enjoying a much deeper car life. Kaz: It's being prepared, though it might be next year.

amigo7eleven: GT5 is really fun! By the way, when will we be able to play B-spec from our computers?
    Kaz: Early next year... Sorry to keep you guys waiting.

celicagt4205: Please explain the underside of premium cars' chassis being "scanned" from mini-cars (toy cars). 
    Kaz: When dealing with the underside of older models, we have the cooperation of "auto-art-san."

runinya: Please, add bikes via DLC.
    Kaz: It's not technically difficult. If the idea of bikes being in the game becomes extremely popular, I may consider it.

empty_emp: Since no one's asking... Will it be possible to fast forward and rewind replays in the future? Often times I miss the opportunity to take a photo at the right moment...
    Kaz: I feel the same.

_urbs_: Bikes in GT5 would be really nice. Nordschleife with bikes and cars on open track day. :-)
    Kaz: That would be nice.  

guillerikko:
    we need a motivation, a challenge in the online of the game ever... Your GT 5...
    kaz: It will be in this month's update.

xroshing: I'm having a lot of fun with GT5. Is the idea of Performance Point system in Prologue not feasible in GT5?
    Kaz: I do want a PP regulation system where types of tires being chosen by the user is left out of the calculation.

accelrr: I've seen fireworks patterns changing. How many types of fireworks are there?
    Kaz: There is a built-in fireworks simulator in GT5. We haven't been able to maximize it's potential yet, however.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

Thanks for posting this. Nice to hear new events are possible in future patches. I'm about half way done with all the events so far, and although once completed I intend to start focusing more on time trialling and tuning, it would be nice to have even more content to play with.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So the creator himself basically said the game isn't finished and will be patched soon. I'll just be over here playing forza, I here they got the top gear test track and all the new cars like the LFA as well. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: Uh, no...Forza just got a handful of cars that the Stig drove and a special 90 minute episode mix.  The track is only on GT5 and those 5 cars were already in GT5.  Do some homework bro.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Aus_azn
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: Uh, no...Forza just got a handful of cars that the Stig drove and a special 90 minute episode mix.  The track is only on GT5 and those 5 cars were already in GT5.  Do some homework bro. "
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: Fail troll is fail.
    mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mjk1

First post updated with more tweets. Most interesting tweets below 

amigo7eleven: GT5 is really fun! By the way, when will we be able to play B-spec from our computers?
    Kaz: Early next year... Sorry to keep you guys waiting.

Kaz: It's not technically difficult. If the idea of bikes being in the game becomes extremely popular, I may consider it.

_urbs_: Bikes in GT5 would be really nice. Nordschleife with bikes and cars on open track day. :-)
    Kaz: That would be nice.    

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @mjk1 said:

" First post updated with more tweets. Most interesting tweets below 

Kaz: Early next year... Sorry to keep you guys waiting.

_urbs_: Bikes in GT5 would be really nice. Nordschleife with bikes and cars on open track day. :-)
    Kaz: That would be nice.     "

1.  He promised Gran Turismo Anywhere at launch when he showed it at TGS 2010, then he pushed it to middle December...and now 2011.  :( 
    2/3.  Just port over the Tourist Trophy bikes...they already did it with GT4 cars.  >.>
    Reizarvg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Reizarvg

Hang on, you can't rewind or fast forward replays?! Why the fuck would you not include that? Doesn't that pretty much defeat the point of a replay?

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

Manjula8: Are you going to fix the jaggy shadows?
    Kaz: I say it again. There are several reasons for jaggy shadows. Camera extremely flexible, dynamic and wide-area lighting needs, it was not cost  effective.

wait so does that mean he's never going to fix the shadows?  I could careless about anything else he fixes except that.

And if they cannot fix the shadows, maybe just an option to turn them off.  I could live with that.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By nohthink

It seems like the patch he is mentioning will be very significant... Kinda looking forward to it.

I guess that's why they delayed it at first. But that still doesn't justify the flaws of the game.

Still, it's good to see GT team is working hard on it :)

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jace

Could someone ask about transferring cars from prologue? Or has someone?

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mjk1

Gran Turismo 5 - The Real Fireworks Simulator 

accelrr: I've seen fireworks patterns changing. How many types of fireworks are there?
    Kaz: There is a built-in fireworks simulator in GT5. We haven't been able to maximize it's potential yet, however.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Skald
    @mjk1 said:
    " Gran Turismo 5 - The Real Fireworks Simulator 

Kaz: There is a built-in fireworks simulator in GT5. We haven't been able to maximize it's potential yet, however. "
    At this point, I think it's fair to call him insane.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaosAngel

...what makes a fireworks simulator a simulator?  What is it simulating?

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Reizarvg said:
    " Hang on, you can't rewind or fast forward replays?! Why the fuck would you not include that? Doesn't that pretty much defeat the point of a replay? "
    Also, you can't speed up B-spec races, which is defeating the point of B-spec mode.
    Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Kierkegaard
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...what makes a fireworks simulator a simulator?  What is it simulating? "
    Fireworks, I would expect.  

Maybe the fact that current generation games are so adaptable post launch is a great thing for GT5. A game that would never be finished before it went to retail can now be improved upon constantly until the end of time. Not the best business model, but it is interesting. 
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @charlie_victor_bravo said:

" @Reizarvg said:

" Hang on, you can't rewind or fast forward replays?! Why the fuck would you not include that? Doesn't that pretty much defeat the point of a replay? "
    Also, you can't speed up B-spec races, which is defeating the point of B-spec mode. "
    What point is that? I would like that option but I'm not sure what you're saying here.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By vaiz
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...what makes a fireworks simulator a simulator?  What is it simulating? "
    God damn it, you beat me to saying it. I got (ironic) realistic driving simulator, I got realistic walking simulator. Alas,  you win this time!
    Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@FrankCanada97 said:

" @charlie_victor_bravo said:

" @Reizarvg said:

Also, you can't speed up B-spec races, which is defeating the point of B-spec mode. "
    What point is that? I would like that option but I'm not sure what you're saying here. "
    B-spec's reason of existence was to make grinding of money faster and easier. Now it is just a bit easier. 
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
    @charlie_victor_bravo said:
    " B-spec's reason of existence was to make grinding of money faster and easier. Now it is just a bit easier.  "
    Aw man, I remember in GT4, having fast-forward in B-Spec was the greatest thing ever made.  I could make an insane amount of money at the time, and never get into a car.  Plus, I liked the idea of A-Spec and B-Spec having shared events, if only they didn't separate them this time.  -_-
    213crz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 213crz

1. そろそろ寝ます。おやすみなさい。 about 9 hours ago via HootSuite
      ついEKのシビック・タイプR(黒)を買ってしまいました。RT @ marron_ver_t: @ Kaz_Yamauchi 山内さんはGT5で最初の1台は何を選びましたか?私はR32のGTSのTypeSでした。 about 10 hours ago via HootSuite
      なるほど。RT @ midoriaoba: @ Kaz_Yamauchi GT5で走行中にセクタータイムやラップタイムが表示された時、ポーズをかけてタイムをメモすることがあるのですが、ポーズしてもタイムが2,3秒で消えてしまいます。 ポーズをかけたら消えない方が便利です。 about 10 hours ago via HootSuite
      かつての自分の愛車だったKP61も、まだ入ってないんだぜ。RT @ ep82_meem: @ Kaz_Yamauchi アップデートでFFのスターレットEP82は出ますでしょうか? about 10 hours ago via HootSuite
      当時は欲しくても買えなかったので、思わず買ってしまいそうです。RT @ t0da: TASCAMの4TRがiPadで出たが、これは懐かしいとういうだけで買ってよいものか。1984年だったのね http://bit.ly/eObHNS about 11 hours ago via HootSuite
      すげー!RT @ ohisan: 5ZIGENシビックテスト走行で、仕上げにフレッシュを投入し58秒8をマーク! FWD最速のレコードタイム。明日は何秒出せば許してもらえるのか。。。500psオーバーのFWDは速すぎてちょっと恐い。快感!! about 11 hours ago via HootSuite
      今日は本物の「AMGドライビングアカデミー」に参加します。久しぶりのリアル・スポーツドライビングです。 about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive

if they spent less time on pointless things like that... maybe the game would have been more polished.  
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " if they spent less time on pointless things like that... maybe the game would have been more polished.   "
    ...I dunno how much more you can get polished after adding in a fireworks simulator.
    213crz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 213crz

how about a umbrella girl blowjob simulator haha leisure suit larry styles

213crz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 213crz

hey is this ever gonna get updated damn

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Devil240Z
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @charlie_victor_bravo said:
    " B-spec's reason of existence was to make grinding of money faster and easier. Now it is just a bit easier.  "
    Aw man, I remember in GT4, having fast-forward in B-Spec was the greatest thing ever made.  I could make an insane amount of money at the time, and never get into a car.  Plus, I liked the idea of A-Spec and B-Spec having shared events, if only they didn't separate them this time.  -_- "
    I like how Bspec is now because it doesn't feel like cheating when you do it since its its own thing. 
     Also there were way faster ways to get cash in GT4. 
    213crz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 213crz

agyasu New Member Online Now!

そうですね。複雑さとシンプルさのバランスが難しい。滅茶苦茶複雑なやつは 実際には作 ってみたんです。現状は相互の信頼ベースで回すアーキテクチャになってま すね。RT @xevious2010: @Kaz_Yamauchi オンライン対戦での車種制限とバラストは早急に実装してほしいです。
    xevious2010: Please include car type restrictions and ballasts for online ASAP.

Kaz: I agree. However achieving a balance between complexity and simplicity is difficult. We've actually tried making a profoundly complex system. Currently though, we're setting it up so these things are applied based on the honor system.

悩ましいんですよ。ヨーゲイン補正がないと、今度はまっすぐ走れなくなるん です。ステ ィックの感度があまりにリニアじゃないのが原因です。RT @rb7x1gt: @Kaz_Yamauchi X1をアナログスティックでやってるんですが、切れ角補正のお陰(?)か切り返しがと にかく辛いです。
    rb7x1gt: I'm driving the X1 with the analog stick. It might be due to the steering angle correction (?) but it's really difficult to make 3-point-turns.

Kaz: It's a bit of a problem actually. If we remove the yaw-gain correction, it won't be able to drive straight. The problem lies with the analog stick's sensitivity not being linear enough.

X1だと、あまりに一般的な呼称なので、車種特定のために2010をつけ ました。RT @azusa_sirius: @Kaz_Yamauchi はじめまして。GT公式サイトのRedBull_X1の名前が、RedBull_X2 010に変わっていたのですが、何か理由はあるのですか?
    azusa_sirius: Nice to meet you. Is there a reason why the name RedBull_X1 was changed to RedBull_X2010 on the GT Official Website?

Kaz: X1 is too generic of a name, so for the sake of specificity, we added 2010.

私も写真好きですから、そう思っています。スローシャッター欲しいですよ ね。RT @ytk_g3aec: @Kaz_Yamauchi フォトモードで遅いシャッタースピードも選択できるように出来ませんか? 夜のステー ジではもっと面白い写真が取れるようになるのですが
    ytk_g3aec: Can you make it so we have a slower shutter speed setting in photo mode? That way we can take far more interesting shots on night courses.

Kaz: I love photography myself, so I agree with you. I want a slow shutter setting as well.

そう思いますよね。システム的には出来るんですよ。RT @zero_gravity_01: @Kaz_Yamauchi フォトモードで思ったのですが、フォトトラベルで2台同時撮影とかできるといいなぁと 思っています。可能性はありますか?
    zero_gravity_01: I was thinking that it would be nice if we can take photos of two cars in Photo Travel. Is it a possibility?

Kaz: I agree. System-wise, it's possible.

画角を拡げれば見かけのスピード感が上がりますが、得るものより失うものが 多いのでや りません。リアルなスピード感ならX1で体験してね。RT @donzonda: @Kaz_Yamauchi スピード感と、周りを見渡せる視点(他のゲームだと右スティックで出来る)を改善して 欲しいです。
    donzonda: I'd like this game to have a better sense of speed, as well as allowing us a wider angle of view. (It's possible in other games using the right analog stick)

Kaz: Widening the field of view may give you a false sense of speed, but since there are more lost than gained, it won't happen. You can experience a real sense of speed by driving the X1.

そこが実に面白いところなのです。時代は変化しているんですね。RT @yhiroformulaone: @Kaz_Yamauchiオンライン対応になったから…というよりインターネットの 発達で開発スタッフに対してのユーザーからの要望や文句が言いやすく、そして多くなっ たから大変ですね。
    yhiroformulaone: Now that it's online... or rather because of the development of the internet, it's become much easier and more common for users to express their wishes and concerns toward the development staff. It must be hard on you guys.

Kaz: I think it's fascinating. Times change, doesn't it?
    mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mjk1

Someone asked Kaz about PP system from GT5P, and he said its coming soon. 

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#29  Edited By wwfundertaker

I think its great that the GT5 developer is spending time answering questions from the fans. Hope more developers to the same in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.