Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo 6

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 05, 2013

The sixth entry in PlayStation's flagship racing series, Gran Turismo 6 hopes to bring a better, richer driving experience, including 1200 cars and new features like improved car personalization.

Who all is getting GT6 on day 1?

• 51 results
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I pre-ordered from PSN. We should get some racing going on launch day, add me on PSN if you want race. We gotta get the community racing back in action.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I would play it if it was confirmed to work with the Dualshock 4. I just can't go back to the godawful Dualshock 3.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@pseg Controls community events with Forza. Maybe...Maybe he would do one for GT6........

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I would play it if it was confirmed to work with the Dualshock 4. I just can't go back to the godawful Dualshock 3.

Hello driving wheel...

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg Controls community events with Forza. Maybe...Maybe he would do one for GT6........

We had our own group of people back in the earlier days of GT5. Those 4ZA kats were too cool for us.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b

@jimmyfenix said:

We had our own group of people back in the earlier days of GT5. Those 4ZA kats were too cool for us.

Hells yea we did!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would if they hadn't mentioned GT7. Still got my PS3 wheel I never used, hopefully it works on PS4!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I pre-ordered it already so I should have it day 1.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12b: Are you going to have the game day one? We should run some races.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no choice.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sanity

I am, i sorta went all in this time and bought a g27 as well so i hope its good!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By cloudymusic

I would if I had a PS3 these days. Guess I've just gotta wait until the first PS4 GT comes out to join you all.

EDIT: Screw it, I bought a PS3 LOU bundle since they're so cheap now, and I already own tons of free PS3 games that I can play too thanks to PS+. See you guys online!

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mercutio123

Still haven't played GT5. Should probably do that...

EDIT: I just went to look at the GT5 Quick Look and the first thing you hear is Ryan being Ryan :( completely blind sided me and I can't watch it now :(.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely rent it from Redbox this Tuesday.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_clayman said:

Hello driving wheel...

Those are expensive as hell, big, and I don't see it being worth it for one game. I don't even play a lot of simulation racers anyways. I just wish sony would put out a dualshock 4 shaped ps3 controller. It will never happen, but if it did, I'd pay good money for it. It doesn't need the touchpad or color bar thing, just the ergonomics.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Devil240Z

@devil240z said:

@captain_clayman said:

Hello driving wheel...

Those are expensive as hell, big, and I don't see it being worth it for one game. I don't even play a lot of simulation racers anyways. I just wish sony would put out a dualshock 4 shaped ps3 controller. It will never happen, but if it did, I'd pay good money for it. It doesn't need the touchpad or color bar thing, just the ergonomics.

well either way I played alot of GT5 with a controller and it didn't bother me. Maybe when I finally lay hands on a PS4 controller it will change my life but some how I doubt that.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still haven't played GT5. Should probably do that...

EDIT: I just went to look at the GT5 Quick Look and the first thing you hear is Ryan being Ryan :( completely blind sided me and I can't watch it now :(.

You know the fact that we have like 1000s of hours of Ryan to go back and re-experience is kind of amazing. Most people don't get to do that when someone dies. I cherish every old bombcast I haven't listened to yet.

@solh0und said:

I'll definitely rent it from Redbox this Tuesday.

I um think it comes out next friday.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

As much as I loved GT5 I think I am going to skip this one. My PS3 harddrive is full and I really don't feel like managing saves for the thing.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I loved GT5 I think I am going to skip this one. My PS3 harddrive is full and I really don't feel like managing saves for the thing.

I'm actually kinda hoping that GT6 is my reward for putting up with GT5.

Bawanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered the fancy edition. I really like GT5 i kept going back to it to do a lap of favorite circuit at least once a day well in to 2013, GT6 adds enough to spark my interest to invest significant amount of time again.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'll wait for reviews. GT5 kind of sucked. I hated all of the barriers they put up in the game like paint chips.

Jackile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely up for some day 1 races!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HerbieBug

I will if they fixed all of the stuff. And GT5 post patches is not fixed. Fixed better than that. Then I will.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Devil240Z

@jackile said:

I'm definitely up for some day 1 races!

well add me on psn ill be playing day one for sure.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subyman said:

I'll wait for reviews. GT5 kind of sucked. I hated all of the barriers they put up in the game like paint chips.

I cant say it sucked when I put many many hours into it. But GT is one of the things that keeps me into gaming.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Seikenfreak

Pre-ordered. Absolutely getting Day 1. Series has been a big part of my life since the beginning.

Everything I've seen so far (a few people have pre-launch versions on GTPlanet) is GT5 but with some physics and lighting improvements plus some more premium cars and a few new tracks.To expect anything more than this is a bit stretching it I'd say..

GT games always work in pairs for each generation of console. The first on a system is the basic one and the second is that but with more content and improvements but nothing ground breaking. We'll have to wait for GT7 for "new" stuff and I'd bet they've been working on it for a year already.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#29  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm on the fence at this point. I loved Gran Turismo 3. GT4 just didn't do it to for me and GT5 felt like a step in the wrong direction in regards to all the "leveling up" that was required. I'm optimistic, but feel like I may wait to hear from others who pick up the game first.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Forza 5 so I don't know if I feel like juggling 2 racing sims right now but i definitely want to check it out.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I pre-ordered the Japanese limited edition. Hopefully there's language options.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By handlas

seems like there hasn't been a ton of advertisement for this... or I'm just not seeing it. At least in terms of releasing gameplay videos. They just release those overwrought zoom in and out on cars with horrible music playing videos. I want some actual gameplay. I went to youtube and found a few.

I'll probably end up buying it tomorrow. I played a bit of Forza 5 and loved it but I don't have an Xbox One so hopefully this will scratch that racing itch.

Will ALL cars have interior views this time around? I really hope so. That's how I play and it was a bummer in GT5 when I would get a car without one.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been paying attention to any of the marketing for this game. I am a big fan of sim fan but I have always thought GT was poorly designed and had overrated physics. Improved audio and better physics might make me buy it.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cloudymusic

@handlas said:

Will ALL cars have interior views this time around? I really hope so. That's how I play and it was a bummer in GT5 when I would get a car without one.

I'm pretty sure that by Spec 2.0, every car in GT5 had a cockpit view, but non-premium cars had a generic cockpit view as opposed to the realistic cockpit view of the premium ones. I'm pretty sure that that will still be the case; with 1200+ cars, there's probably no way that they can have realistic modeling and cockpits for every single one.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Seikenfreak

@senrat said:

I haven't been paying attention to any of the marketing for this game. I am a big fan of sim fan but I have always thought GT was poorly designed and had overrated physics. Improved audio and better physics might make me buy it.

Physics and "sim"-ness of it won't be near legit PC sim stuff if that is what you're expecting. They probably never will be as these are on consoles and designed for a broader audience. What they do have is a lot of real cars, great graphics, and acceptable physics.

@handlas said:

Only the Premium cars will have the fully modeled interiors. Standard cars will still have the plain black silhouette thing of the interiors. In terms of exterior models for the Standard cars, it looks like some have been given a minor face lift to make them look a little better and some are the same.

To all whom it may concern: If you didn't like GT5 (or any of the other GT games) then you more than likely won't like this one either. Just accept the series isn't for you.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

My pre-order of the CE is being processed!! ^^

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered on PSN. I hope they allow us to pre-load.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xshinobi said:

We cannot.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

GT5 was a big disappointment for me and I've already unplugged my PS3, so I'll wait for the reviews to come out until I decide if I want to buy it. I'm still in the middle of playing Forza 5, so I don't think I want a second racing game in the mix at the moment.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had originally pre-ordered the Anniversary edition but cancelled that one when PSN pre-orders came available and digital version is cheaper, usually it's the otherway around. Also just went back for the regular version because after thinking about it, I don't want those extra paintjobs so badly that I'd pay 15€ for them and starting out with 1 million in-game credits feels like cheating.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

GT5 was a big disappointment for me and I've already unplugged my PS3, so I'll wait for the reviews to come out until I decide if I want to buy it. I'm still in the middle of playing Forza 5, so I don't think I want a second racing game in the mix at the moment.

From what I have seen it looks really good. Fast menus, a much better structured career mode, good ui.

The gameplay and graphics can stay the same for all i care I just want a really well thought out career that takes advantage of all GT has to offer.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Faster menus would be awesome. That's a problem I always have with Asian developed games. "Press X to do this" "Press X to confirm you want to do this" "Press X to confirm what you wanted to do just happened". I clicked the button 10 seconds ago, just fucking DO IT!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Devil240Z

@voodoopc said:

Faster menus would be awesome. That's a problem I always have with Asian developed games. "Press X to do this" "Press X to confirm you want to do this" "Press X to confirm what you wanted to do just happened". I clicked the button 10 seconds ago, just fucking DO IT!

I'm not sure about extraneous confirmations but from the videos I saw the menus were at least not laggy.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If Polyphony sends me $59.99 and then an addition $100 and then an addition couple bucks here and there maybe I'll buy this game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Devil240Z

@spraynardtatum said:

If Polyphony sends me $59.99 and then an addition $100 and then an addition couple bucks here and there maybe I'll buy this game.

GT6 is the first 60 dollar game I have bought since Borderlands 2.

Also roughly 30 hours until the game unlocks on PSN.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xshinobi said:

We cannot.

That blows. Does anyone know if it will available at mid-night?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

If it was on PS4 or worked on PS4 I would definitely buy it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently I am. I forgot I had an Amazon pre order. Which just charged and shipped. I thought I had canceled it.

Phouchg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting it in the post tomorrow :) Have been playing GT5 all the way to the end and now I'll spend the weekend with my sister playing the hell out of GT6!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Devil240Z

Been downloading since 10pm. its 1:30am. almost done installing, at least I will get to play before I would have if I got a disc version. now just gotta do the patch and i'm in. totally worth it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.