Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

Instructions for installing iCEnhancer 1.25 with H1Vltg3's edits

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Bucketdeath in the PC Screenshots thread thought I should make this a topic here. Hope some of you find it useful.

Instructions for installing iCEnhancer 1.25 with H1Vltg3's edits for GTA IV.

Stuff you need.

Optional stuff you may want to add.

• High detail road textures - these look especially good with this mod and it's only a small 93MB download. I use this.
    • Better City Texture Pack - these look better in some ways but a lot of the signage is changed to real life equivalents losing a lot of that Rockstar charm. It's huge too - 7.2GB. I don't use this.
    • Script Hook DLL - this will allow you to use extra stuff like Trainers and certain mods, including those which change the characters and vehicles. Be sure MS .net Framework is up to date.
    • In Game Trainer 1.9 - this allows you to easily spawn vehicles, colour them, set time and weather and heal yourself and the vehicle you're driving among many other things. I find it useful for taking shots.
    • Real World Vehicles to replace their Rockstar counterparts - Some people seem fascinated with this aspect of GTA modding. Myself, I prefer Rockstar's take on reality.

Installing the mod and optional components.

1. I will assume that you have your GTA IV installed and patched to 1.0.4.0. BACK IT UP! By that, I mean copy the entirety of your GTA IV installation elsewhere - like, say, a folder on your desktop called GTA IV Backup. This is to prevent headaches if you mistakenly break something.
    2. Extract the contents of the "Normal version for 1040 patch" folder in the iCEnhancer 1.25.rar into your GTA IV installation folder - this is the folder where the GTAIV.exe is located. Replace any files and folders you're prompted for.
    3. Extract the contents of iCEnhancer_1.2.5_Modified_Final-H1Vltg3.rar into the GTAIV installation folder. Replace any files you're prompted for.
    4. Extract the contents of Xliveless and YAASIL into the GTA IV installation folder. This is necessary to guarantee the mod works with the games lighting and will allow you to use optional textures, vehicles and trainers.
    5. Optional : Extract the contents of the Script Hook DLL into your GTAIV installation folder.
    6. Optional : Extract the contents of the In Game Trainer 1.9 into your GTAIV installation folder.
    7. Optional : Copy the gtxd.img "high detail road textures" file into the pc/data/cdimages folder in your GTA IV installation folder. Replace the file it prompts you for.
    8. Optional : Install the Better City Texture Pack. If you do so you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

To run the mod, just launch GTA IV as normal. There's a readme file in the iCEnhancer rar file - I'd recommend reading it. If everything has worked you should see a text prompt in the upper left corner of your screen while GTA IV is starting up.

Like so:-

All blowed up and shit.
    All blowed up and shit.
    No Caption Provided

My specs:-

• Core i5 750 @ 3.2Ghz (600mhz/20% OC)
    • 4GB DDR3 2000mhz Kingston T1 RAM
    • Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard
    • EVGA GTX 470 1.25GB
    • Windows 7 x64
    • Nvidia 275.50 drivers with 3D vision disabled.

I get around 30-40 frames/sec performance @ 1080p with very occasional dips into mid 20s when loading map sections. I've heard that Nvidia users will get better performance in this mod with the 270.61 driver but I haven't bothered to downgrade.

My Settings:-

No Caption Provided

And there we have it. Hopefully that's enough to get you all enjoying what I do, as I do.

Good luck, have modded lenticular pseudo-realistic GTA IV Batman.

No Caption Provided

EDIT 12/08/11 - Added Script Hook DLL information and fixed a few typos.

iCEnhancer 1.3 coming soon!

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Patch 1.0.7.0
      Patch 1.0.7.0

Patch 1.0.4.0
      Patch 1.0.4.0
        I don't know if it's the patch version, or if I drastically messed with the config between installs, but there's a clear difference.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

Wish i would have known about this patch earlier...  I just saw the IGN video posted about this mod on youtube.  But damn modders have made this game look pretty awesome.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By katanalauncher

Very nice thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I need to reinstall GTA4 again so I can try out this mod, looks insane.

Glad you posted this again.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By plop1920

Thanks for the guide!

glo_box

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glo_box

ingame trainer won't work when i press F1 i tried multiple keys with the keychanger and still nothing then a different forum said to download a "Script Hook.dll" since there is an error before the game starts saying missing "script hook.dll" after i downloaded that it just crashes my game any ideas? but nonetheless amazing mod! 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@glo_box: Hi, yeah you need to make sure your .Net is up to date because that's what Script Hook uses. I neglected to put that info in the guide but I've edited it now. Hope this helps.

glo_box

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glo_box
    @SeriouslyNow:  thank you, i will try this out now and report back if there's any more problems (:
    glo_box

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glo_box

i don't know why but it seems the script hook does not like me it keeps crashing my game then when i delete it it works just fine but no ingame trainer oh well thanks for the guide

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

This is the type of stuff we miss out on when developers don't let us fuck with their games. Thanks for reminding me of this, I'll have to install it again and play around with it.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwilitEnd656

While the game runs, I don't see menu text... It makes me sad.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

Some of the files linked to in the downgrading aren't there any more and I can't find them on google. Namely the GTA IV patch archive alternative. Any help?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.