Bucketdeath in the PC Screenshots thread thought I should make this a topic here. Hope some of you find it useful.
Instructions for installing iCEnhancer 1.25 with H1Vltg3's edits for GTA IV.
Stuff you need.
- GTA IV with Patch 18.104.22.168 (the mod supports the later versions, including the Episodes From Liberty City, but works best on that version - if you have the Steam version make sure to read the Steam version downgrade instructions because it is autopatched to 22.214.171.124). If you have already patched a retail copy up to a higher version, uninstall it and use the 126.96.36.199 patch.
- iCEnhancer 1.25
- H1Vltg3's edits
- WinRar or similar program which can open and extract RAR archived files.
Optional stuff you may want to add.
- High detail road textures - these look especially good with this mod and it's only a small 93MB download. I use this.
- Better City Texture Pack - these look better in some ways but a lot of the signage is changed to real life equivalents losing a lot of that Rockstar charm. It's huge too - 7.2GB. I don't use this.
- Script Hook DLL - this will allow you to use extra stuff like Trainers and certain mods, including those which change the characters and vehicles. Be sure MS .net Framework is up to date.
- In Game Trainer 1.9 - this allows you to easily spawn vehicles, colour them, set time and weather and heal yourself and the vehicle you're driving among many other things. I find it useful for taking shots.
- Real World Vehicles to replace their Rockstar counterparts - Some people seem fascinated with this aspect of GTA modding. Myself, I prefer Rockstar's take on reality.
Installing the mod and optional components.
- I will assume that you have your GTA IV installed and patched to 188.8.131.52. BACK IT UP! By that, I mean copy the entirety of your GTA IV installation elsewhere - like, say, a folder on your desktop called GTA IV Backup. This is to prevent headaches if you mistakenly break something.
- Extract the contents of the "Normal version for 1040 patch" folder in the iCEnhancer 1.25.rar into your GTA IV installation folder - this is the folder where the GTAIV.exe is located. Replace any files and folders you're prompted for.
- Extract the contents of iCEnhancer_1.2.5_Modified_Final-H1Vltg3.rar into the GTAIV installation folder. Replace any files you're prompted for.
- Extract the contents of Xliveless and YAASIL into the GTA IV installation folder. This is necessary to guarantee the mod works with the games lighting and will allow you to use optional textures, vehicles and trainers.
- Optional : Extract the contents of the Script Hook DLL into your GTAIV installation folder.
- Optional : Extract the contents of the In Game Trainer 1.9 into your GTAIV installation folder.
- Optional : Copy the gtxd.img "high detail road textures" file into the pc/data/cdimages folder in your GTA IV installation folder. Replace the file it prompts you for.
- Optional : Install the Better City Texture Pack. If you do so you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
To run the mod, just launch GTA IV as normal. There's a readme file in the iCEnhancer rar file - I'd recommend reading it. If everything has worked you should see a text prompt in the upper left corner of your screen while GTA IV is starting up.
- Core i5 750 @ 3.2Ghz (600mhz/20% OC)
- 4GB DDR3 2000mhz Kingston T1 RAM
- Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard
- EVGA GTX 470 1.25GB
- Windows 7 x64
- Nvidia 275.50 drivers with 3D vision disabled.
I get around 30-40 frames/sec performance @ 1080p with very occasional dips into mid 20s when loading map sections. I've heard that Nvidia users will get better performance in this mod with the 270.61 driver but I haven't bothered to downgrade.
And there we have it. Hopefully that's enough to get you all enjoying what I do, as I do.
Good luck, have modded lenticular pseudo-realistic GTA IV Batman.
EDIT 12/08/11 - Added Script Hook DLL information and fixed a few typos.
iCEnhancer 1.3 coming soon!