Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Anyone kinda disappointed by what we saw?

• 67 results
    DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By DeeGee

@slightconfuse said:

@bwmcmaste said:

@slightconfuse said:

the premise of a mobster who made it big, retired and is forced back into the life appeals to me.

Correction: gangster instead of mobster.

You have literally just described every single GTA game in the franchise.

no dude GTA 3, vice city and san andrea the characters are not rich and have a good life and are forced into crime again. they either have a debt are already on the wrong side. GTA 4 was about obtaining power.

Claude is a criminal before the game and continues to be a criminal through the game. Tommy is a criminal before the game, put into prison for 15 years and then continues to be a criminal. CJ was kind of a criminal before hand, left the city to do crime in Liberty City and then came back home to do more crime. Niko ws dull dull dull so I don't remember anything about his story before the game began.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Andorski

@DeeGee said:

@slightconfuse said:

@bwmcmaste said:

@slightconfuse said:

the premise of a mobster who made it big, retired and is forced back into the life appeals to me.

no dude GTA 3, vice city and san andrea the characters are not rich and have a good life and are forced into crime again. they either have a debt are already on the wrong side. GTA 4 was about obtaining power.

Claude is a criminal before the game and continues to be a criminal through the game. Tommy is a criminal before the game, put into prison for 15 years and then continues to be a criminal. CJ was kind of a criminal before hand, left the city to do crime in Liberty City and then came back home to do more crime. Niko ws dull dull dull so I don't remember anything about his story before the game began.

I believe Niko was a soldier for a nameless Eastern European country who regretted his past actions. It explains why he is sometimes hesitant on causing even more violence before he loads another clip into his AK-47 and mows down police officers like a pro.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Scrawnto

It's like everyone forgot that the GTAIV debut trailer was just a timelapse video of the city going through it's day/night cycle with no story information at all. There's really nothing to be disappointed about here. We certainly don't know everything about the game yet.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By Vinny_Says

If it's coming out on this generation then it's alright with me....

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Steve_C

I got so much fun and hours out of San Andreas, and GTAIV was pretty boring for me in comparison. We don't know much about the game, but having colour, more open environments, and providing the tools for stupidity (planes/helis), makes me think that i'm gonna like it way much more than IV already.

Super excited. The only thing disappointing is knowing I won't have as much time as I did back during the San Andreas days to play it.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By ShadowConqueror

@TheGreatGuero said:

Considering GTAIV is still the best game of this gen, I'd say you're crazy. A return to San Andreas seems delightful to me.

As much as I enjoy the GTA series and hold it in high regard, I wholeheartedly disagree with GTAIV being "the best game of this gen." It was definitely a step up from its predecessors, and I enjoyed the more serious tone it took the series in, but it had some major drawbacks. The driving specifically seemed like a step in the wrong direction, and while I admire Rockstar trying to add more of a realistic weightiness to the vehicles, it just ended up not being as much fun as it had been before. In a game called Grand Theft Auto, you would expect the driving to be exciting, and for me it was not.

The multiplayer also had huge issues, specifically lag issues (although I've heard that's been remedied a while back, but when I played it made it frustrating), as well as issues with balance (the cops and robbers game mode comes to mind, and how sometimes the crooks would spawn VERY close to the getaway vehicle and other times it would be across the game world, as well as the fact that location-specific helicopters would still spawn and could be used to get to the getaway vehicle substantially more quickly). The gunplay wasn't great either, but seemed better than in previous games, although that's not saying much. Coupled with mediocre visuals (although the weather and car crunching effects were top-notch), the game seemed rather lackluster.

I guess I went on a bit of a rant, and that wasn't my initial intent. Like I said, I love the series despite its flaws, but the claim that GTAIV is the best game of this generation seems entirely erroneous to me, much less it being a Giant Bomb Game-of-the-Year Award Recepient.

EDIT: Also, I should say that I am very much looking forward to GTAV.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Milkman

I have complete faith in Rockstar. When have they ever failed you before?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Andorski said:

@DeeGee said:

@slightconfuse said:

@bwmcmaste said:

@slightconfuse said:

I believe Niko was a soldier for a nameless Eastern European country who regretted his past actions. It explains why he is sometimes hesitant on causing even more violence before he loads another clip into his AK-47 and mows down police officers like a pro.

I wanna say Niko was Serbian. And that he was in prison too.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm excited.

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By luchadeer797
    @themangalist they haven't shown any gameplay yet. at least wait until they show that and then come to your opinion otherwise it doesnt seem justified to base the calibur of an entire game of a minute and a half teaser.
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By AngelN7

Im mad exited , and seriously guys some of your complains couldn´t look more weak the graphics and the tone they gave felt noting like GTA IV, this is bright game with varied environments everything felt like Jet set and opulense on one side and economical crisis and poberty in another , I don´t know It may be that because im not American but I find very interesting when games decide to tackle issues in that country and visiting Liberty city in IV felt so unique because it looked like friggin New York does it matter that is not called New York? if Broker was called Brooklyn would it made a difference? , I for one can´t wait to know more about it, IV was a huge leap in the franchise and one of my favorite games ever so no I wasn´t disappointed.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By kmdrkul

RDR was a huge improvement over GTAIV graphically. RDR was downright beautiful. Clearly Rockstar has advanced their technology, and to say that the game looks like a massive GTA IV mod is about an inch from being outright flamebait.

I am somewhat on the fence about Rockstar returning to a familiar territory... I was really hoping we would get a new metropolis to wreak havoc in. But I know I can count on them to deliver a beautiful sprawling city that will be fun - even IF some of it is recognizable.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NekuSakuraba

We haven't seen any gameplay and only learnt where it's taking place. If you mean it graphically it looks like a mod, it's the same generation so you couldn't expect much more. As for another aspect making you think it's just a mod, what more have we seen to judge it? We saw a kickass trailer that looks awesome and we got a bit of information on the story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themangalist: Yes, the trailer was disappointing because I was expecting some badass trailer with shit going on and some cool song, but other than that you have nothing to be disappointed about because you don't KNOW anything about the game yet. Also, Vice City and San Andreas were kind of "expansion packs" if you want to talk about it like that. SA was just a lot bigger with stats that didn't really matter and girlfriends that weren't fun to date.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By mariokart64fan

still on the same console generation? no we are not -- starting with the nintendo 3ds ps vita and the nintendowii u that is a new gen sorry by the time this out wii u will be out hopfully they make this for wii u as well ,

cause i really want somthing on a new console ,this gen was over due to be over 1 yr ago ,,,

cant see how they pump halo 4 out next yr i say they should wait til 720 and launch it with it ,

and lol what ever sony is holdin back , bring it on ps4,

cause this gen is to long .as far as the city i dont care at least its not new york for the 1000th time,

how many games do we need based off new york city!

theres already

gta

gta 2

driver 1

gta 3

driver paralel lines

true crime new york

gta iv and its dlc,

we needed somthing new , although if its only la, ! then no way midnightclub was already in la so was la noire

if its the whole san andreas fine , cause we dont need another just plain old la!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

After San Andreas i find myself not being excited about GTA related news at all, GTA IV was ok. Then again, maybe it's because of Skyrim.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By wmoyer83

I think this game will be ground breaking in terms of storyline and character development.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.