Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Disks and Digital

Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was going to buy GTA 5 for my 360 "On Demand"... but I can't, because it isn't being sold there; nowhere I could see the times I looked.

So after work I went to Costco and bought a physical version of the game. And now I have a huge sweet paper map.

I want to go all digital with the Next Generation, but there is something nice about looking at big maps and having the game box in your hand. Maybe Smartglass could take its place, but they'd have put some real effort into it.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MS are terrble at day one digital releases for retail games. If I were to guess it will be available 10 days after release. Thats when most of the other games on-demand get released.

They really need to step their game up. Sony has been doing this successfully for nearly two years now.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Doesn't Xbox digital stuff get released on Wednesdays?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't release day one digital in order to support retail.

rotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just for you're information you got lucky, I bought the digital version on psn and it suffers from terrible pop-in. The exact problem xbox suffer when you install the play disk.So hurray for the digital future!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

Rayman legends, Saints Row 4 were available super quick on demand. Get disk, no pop in problem and you get a map

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.