Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

gta online keeps losing my character

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

every time i try and play gta online i find the character i had previously made gone and i need to go through the whole character creator process all over again is this happening to any one else and is there a way to stop it?

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shaggydude

I haven't tried connecting yet today but this is what I did yesterday. Watch for an error message that says "unable to contact Rockstar cloud servers" If you get this message you aren't getting your player data, just keep going back to single player, then go to the select character page in the pause menu until it connects and you see your characters. Sometimes you can tell if the game is loading or saving cloud data by looking at the little "loading circle" in the bottom right, I think if it's white, it's loading local data, if it's yellow/gold it's loading and saving cloud data.

Update: I played a couple jobs today, disco'd and came back in, now it's not showing my characters though the amount of $ in my bank is correct. I hope my character is still out there in the cloud somewhere...

Update #2: Checked again, still no characters and now my bank $ is zeroed out...

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

same with me I was level 10 had 20k the first day it went live and all my shit is gone its complete bull crap waste of my dam time

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Same here....Only way to stop it is to stop playing i'm afraid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.