Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Is it coming on Xbox One and PS4?

JakeMoore1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

As you can see in the title. Is GTA V coming out for Xbox One and PS4? Do you know?

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Rockstar have said they have no plans for next-gen consoles, so most likely no, at least not for a good while.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably will come, at some point but, as with the PC version, it is still unnanounced.

JakeMoore1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@a_e_martin: @maajin: Okay thank you both. Hopfully it does come out for Xbox One and PS4 because then that would be quality.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be nice, I reckon the PC version will be out before that though. Nobody knows though(except Rockstar)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Nobody knows except Rockstar, and they say that they aren't planning on it.

It's possible they're just saying this so that people will buy the current gen versions, then sometime early next year they might say "Well, changed our minds, here's your 1080p 60FPS anti-aliased GTA V!" and people will buy it all over again.

HiroKedyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see GTA V coming to next gen consoles, as other people pointed out Rockstar said they have no plans for it. I could see them releasing GTA Online for the next gen systems, but not anytime soon.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will happen. Remember when GTA was PS2 exclusive for a long while then all of a sudden GTA showed up on XBOX with improved graphics? I definitely think a re-release with all the DLC on Next-Gen is totally possible.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

of course we don't know. but we can guess.

maybe

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

my guess is most definitely yes

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, everyone who wants to play it already has it, or will get it for the current gen consoles. Why would they waste time and resources making it shinier just for a small group of people?.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RonGalaxy

Asking if it's coming to those platforms or not can yield different answers.

Will it come to those platforms, in the far future, as PS3/Xbox 360 classic games, with no enhancements, like the ps2 games did for this gen? Maybe? I think this answer is more likely

Will it get a proper port with graphical and performance boosts? I would be surprised, but they did do something similar with the Bully: Scholarship Edition. Though I doubt anything like this is even close to being in production

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockstar isn't really known for re-releasing an "HD" version of a game, I think Bully might be the exception.

Maybe GTA: Online will find it's way over.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it depends on two things, 1 is there a PC version 2, will it be hard to port that version to the new consoles?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, everyone who wants to play it already has it, or will get it for the current gen consoles. Why would they waste time and resources making it shinier just for a small group of people?.

Yup, it just doesn't seem profitable for them to do so. Also, the game already looks pretty incredible on current gen tech.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.