Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Pre-Download still about?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

As much as I hate these kind of "google it, stupid!" threads myself, I just had to make one myself. I've been googling myself to death as of recently and still haven't found an official statement from Rockstar crew themselves, regarding the ability to pre-download GTA V in advance. I just checked the PSN Store again and it does say "Expected Auto-Download Date: 13/09/2013" and "Available for Download on 13.09.2013" over there, but I just can't be sure of it, after the whole leak thingy.

So I was just wondering if one of you (or a Wizard) happens to be less blind than I am and has read some official bit of text from Rockstar about this whole deal.

P.S. In before, "Does it really matter?" Yes, it sure as hell does! At least with my connection the download becoming available on launch would mean that I'd maybe get to play it on friday, if lucky...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

$ony screwed up and GTA5 leaked early, not up for pre download but maybe closer to launch

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a similar question, because I'd like to buy a digital pre-order from PSN Store, but its not up anymore. Does anyone know if they'll put the digital download back up?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_p said:

I have a similar question, because I'd like to buy a digital pre-order from PSN Store, but its not up anymore. Does anyone know if they'll put the digital download back up?

The pre-order is still up everywhere, just the pre-download was taken offline. From the information available it seems like the UK will be able to pre-download a few days before release. The US has no pre-download option and won't before release.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$ony screwed up and GTA5 leaked early, not up for pre download but maybe closer to launch

Yeah, I never saw any possibility for 'complete' pre-download at least when I made my pre-order (26th of August) but I'd still be more than alright with it being on 13th day. Hopefully it'll be at least a few days early, if not that...@jimmy_p and are you talking about the whole GTA V not being there? I can still see it over at the Store and on my "Purchased" list, at least over at Finland.

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jimmy_p

@glottery: finally found the pre-order on the PSN store. I must have been blind, but it's pretty well hidden, there is nothing about it on the front page of the store or in the coming soon section

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

If II can't pre-load the game, what's the point of getting it digitally? It'd be faster to dash to a store at midnight instead of waiting for a download...

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

If there's no preload i'm debating the value of not being lazy and go to the store vs waiting for a download on launch day with servers that will no doubt crumble under the pressure and save 9$ in taxes.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently folks over at Europe can already download the Blimp DLC as of today. Theme is still locked off 'till monday. The pre-load of the game itself should be starting tomorrow...or tonight? I hope the auto-download on PS3 is an actual auto-download, so when I leave it on for the night (in-case it'll start during that), I won't have to look at "Accept download?" pop-up as the first thing in the morning.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With The Last of Us I had already pre-loaded the game but due to some timezone thing I couldn't play until after 1am UK time. I wonder if it'll be the same with this...

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is the pre-load up in Europe? Anyone tried it yet?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By glots

Nope. Been reading about it through the whole day and have seen some very mixed posts about it. Though the latest shimmer of light was some guy from official PS forums, who claimed to have been in contact with some support guy who said it would come available for download during this evening still or within the next 24 hours. Here's hoping...

...and now it seems to be 16/9/2013 in the Store. Fuck.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By a_e_martin
    pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as I can start my download at the time they say I can at Midnight, I'll be fine. I haven't had downloads take an insane amount of time and it should be done by the time I get off work.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By glots

...aaaand now it's downloadable on sunday from 3pm (GMT) forwards. Maybe. Not holding my breath. I might be leaning towards physical copy in the end, anyway. Not exactly sure why I ended up on digital in the first place, really. Guess it was for the "convenience" of it, even if in reality I can just walk over to a nearby shop on tuesday to get my game...I'll just blame on the hype for messing up with my mind.

Could use part of that 70 €uros on Brothers and some future Last of Us singleplayer DLC, now that I think about it!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@glottery said:

...aaaand now it's downloadable on sunday from 3pm (GMT) forwards. Maybe. Not holding my breath. I might be leaning towards physical copy in the end, anyway. Not exactly sure why I ended up on digital in the first place, really. Guess it was for the "convenience" of it, even if in reality I can just walk over to a nearby shop on tuesday to get my game...I'll just blame on the hype for messing up with my mind.

Could use part of that 70 €uros on Brothers and some future Last of Us singleplayer DLC, now that I think about it!

GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By strainedeyes

Rockstar confirmed pre-load times for both EU and the US!

No Caption Provided

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm pretty amped for this news. As a guy who works in a bar, I never get home before 2AMCST, meaning I anticipated having to download the game Monday night when I got off work, let it install while I sleep and get crackin' around noon the next day.

But if this shakes out right, I should be able to just pull an all-nighter when I get home early Tuesday morning and get to crackin' on that install.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Coafi

Any idea how many gigs is the download? Also, do we get any pre-order bonuses through PSN?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

Any idea how many gigs is the download? Also, do we get any pre-order bonuses through PSN?

18GB download. You need 36GB of free space for the installation as it downloads the install files and install afterwards.

You get the atomic blimp pre-order bonus on PSN and a PS3 theme for the XMB.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Coafi

@pr1mus: Thanks for the info, duder!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By strainedeyes

That's disappointing but I'm not surprised. I wonder why Sony allows it outside of the US.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Would love to just buy this on PSN however £49.99 is crazy when I can just get it for £34.99 from Amazon =/. I really hope this is something that's improved with the PS4, digital prices of full games is far too high compared to retail and is the only reason I'm not buying online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.