Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

R* Auto updates (non-steam)

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By m16mojo2

Is there any way that you can disable the Social Club auto updates? I just downloaded the new patch that came out today, and after about 5 minutes of play, my entire computer just hard crashes. My entire system just completely shuts off. I haven't done anything to my computer, other than run the Launcher.

Has anyone else experienced these crashes? Everything is up to date, drivers, etc.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@m16mojo2: I started getting CTDs every few hours as of the last patch, but I've only played the new patch for about 20 minutes. As far as I'm aware there's no way to opt out of the patches, but I haven't tried launching the game with no internet yet, that might work. Besides, I doubt you want to turn off patches now the game is completely busted, better wait for the next patch first!

Also you aren't alone:

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've had regular CTDs since launch. The launcher somehow gets logged out and crashes the game. I've seen heaps of support tickets about it but nothing has been patched yet.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@selbie: I don't think that's what is causing the crash, rather I imagine when it crashes it throws you out and you have to log in again. It seems like a really silly problem if the launcher just logging out would hard lock the game and make it unresponsive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.