Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Smooth camera blend - Rockstar Editor - Bugged

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello,

Has anyone else been having issues with the Smooth camera blend option in the Rockstar Editor?

I`ve been trying to do a high speed car chase, and there is a huge disconnect between what I am telling the camera to do and what it does on playback. Setting the camera to Linear doesn`t give this problem, but is very jerky movement.

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know if I'd say it's bugged. In the video I made (also a car race/chase sequence), my issue was that the smooth blend was often too slow. If I wanted the camera to pan/move from one shot to another as I rounded a corner, for instance, it instead took the entire block to make the transition.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same issue. Was trying to make the camera imitate the movement of an ambulance as it swerved left and right across the road by locking the horizontal movement to the ambulance, then changing what side the camera was on (still situated behind the vehicle) at each marker. The first marker would for some reason wait a solid few seconds before starting the 'chase' camera making the ambulance far out of shot, and the rotation I added to each camera was not accounted for in the blend, making it very sudden and jarring. Oddly enough though, if I slowly crawled through the footage each marker would be at the distance it should be, it was only upon playing it fully that the bug occurred. Hopefully they fix this.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jorbit

Are you mounting the camera as well as using the linear blend? I find these two things tend to conflict a lot. Try disabling "mount camera movement" (I think it's called) and only use the blending option. This is a bit harder but it's the only way I've found to avoid the weird janky stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.