Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

X Mas In Los Santos (Snowing)

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

SPECIAL SEASONAL ACCESSORIES THROUGH JAN 5th

Right now, you'll find special limited-time, holiday-themed items in the clothing shops and at Vespucci Movie Masks like Santa hats, Elf jackets and shoes, Snowman masks, Reindeer antlers and more. All these items are available to don until January 5th.

SAN ANDREAS SNOWFALL – IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

Travelers to Los Santos and Blaine County in GTA Online on Christmas Day will also be greeted by a the very rare sight of a San Andreas snowfall, making for (even more) hazardous driving conditions.

Rockstar

Dammit, why did i have to give my copy of GATV away!! It's snowing in Los Santos would of really liked to see this.

No Caption Provided

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

Tempted to reinstall this just to see all the snow......it is actually snowing in the game, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I stopped being a lazy idiot and actually read the article.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By development

I bet the framerate is even better now. I'm tempted to go turn on my PS3 and see this, but... eh.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty cool. Should hop back on that sometime before the 5th.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not a fan of GTA Online at all but I'll load it up to try this out.

Edit: It's kinda cool, but it sucks that it's only for one day and all the items you buy are removed from your inventory on the fifth of January. Also civilians wearing t-shirts/shorts/bikinis is hilarious.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So unrealistic.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking

I wish this were in the single player too. I might have messed around just to see it. But I don't care enough to load up the online. That thing really left a shitty taste in my mouth.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat idea, but I feel like this would've been more appropriate had the game been set in Liberty City. Also it's weird seeing people wearing barely any clothes in that weather.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's cool that they're actually dedicating themselves this much to the online. People seem to be really harsh on the Online but it's actually shaping up quite nicely these days. It's a shame out of the 300 GB Crew members there are only maybe 10 people actively playing.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Goofy little twist even if it technically makes the game harder to play well and all the environments kind of samey. This is the sort of novelty I can get behind.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That seems like an insane amount of work to put in during development for only a few days of the year. I kinda wish it was just a random event or happened all winter or something. Still really cool though.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

MMO-style holiday event? Awesome! Guess that's the reason I needed to give Los Santos another visit. So many virtual treats these last couple of days and weeks. I must have been a good boy.

Thank you Santa!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, yeah! I'll definitely check this out, PS3 GB crew let's do this!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

Racing in the snow? Just what Santa prescribed! If only it could snow everyday.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

I wish this were in the single player too. I might have messed around just to see it. But I don't care enough to load up the online. That thing really left a shitty taste in my mouth.

I couldn't stand Online, and I kinda still can't.

Load the game in single player, then choose online from the pause menu. From there pick "invite only " and you have all of Los Santos to yourself.

That way you have access to all the solo missions, and can still join multiplayer missions. Then when the missions are over you pick free play and get dumped back into solo. You get all the benefits of multiplayer, without dealing with assbag griefers blowing your cars up every five minutes.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike76x said:
    @hatking said:

I couldn't stand Online, and I kinda still can't.

Load the game in single player, then choose online from the pause menu. From there pick "invite only " and you have all of Los Santos to yourself.

That way you have access to all the solo missions, and can still join multiplayer missions. Then when the missions are over you pick free play and get dumped back into solo. You get all the benefits of multiplayer, without dealing with assbag griefers blowing your cars up every five minutes.

Good idea. I used to do that on occasion in GTAIV when I wanted to avoid the crowd. Unfortunately I was visiting family, so I missed out on the snowy spectacle.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure that ain't cocaine being dropped from the blimp!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By development

@xeiphyer said:

That seems like an insane amount of work to put in during development for only a few days of the year. I kinda wish it was just a random event or happened all winter or something. Still really cool though.

Eh, it looks pretty bad. There aren't any footprints or tire marks in the snow, and your car still makes "screeching" noises. I've been noticing some pretty bad pop-in, too, but that could be attributed to my old launch PS3. Cars also handle like ass now no matter where you go. You get to dress up like Santa, though, so that's kinda cool.

Kind of a dumb idea, if you ask me. Think of all the people getting this game for Christmas who are gonna go online and just hate it because it looks terrible and the controls are terrible (the first online mission is a required car race!).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.