Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guardians of Middle-earth

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 04, 2012

Guardians of Middle-earth is an action real-time strategy video game based around The Lord of the Rings franchise.

PS3 or XBOX?

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Budwyzer

What will everyone be buying the game for? The ones that are buying it anyway. 

Personally if I do get it, I'll probably go PS3.  While all my friends only have Xbox, and I would miss out on the chance to play with them, I am trying to go exclusively PS3 and get off that ad covered disaster that is the 360 dashboard.  Going to start it here, why am I paying $50/year to have my dashboard covered in ads?  Plus, something about PS3 just looks better, graphics wise, to me. I don't know if it's sharper images or smoother motion, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just looks better to me. 

ANYWAY, getting off my soap-box, which platform will YOU be getting the game on?

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mtcantor

Good god why would anyone buy this game at all?

That being said, I agree with OP's statement on the 360. I have all three systems, pay for Gold/PS+ and whatnot, but between the interface just getting slower and slower and the ridiculous organization and ads, I have transitioned almost entirely to PS3 for multiplatform releases (those that aren't also available on PC).

Also, I suspect this game will be free on PS+ sooner rather than later.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MalkavianJD

@mtcantor said:

You know what, I wondered the same thing since there's better alternative MOBA games like Awesomenauts for example and the game itself feels like it was made for PC. But overall,the game actually feels fun, I really appreciate the setting and tone and the intuitive controls. It's a nice above average game. It's really worth giving a shot.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Just play Dota 2 it's better and it's free. Anyway the 360 will probably will be the more active one.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Forgetting the genocide worthy playerbase of MOBAs (look its an acronym that sounds like Dota!) aren't they all supposed to be free to play? Why buy one that isn't?

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Budwyzer
    @MalkavianJD said:

@mtcantor said:

You know what, I wondered the same thing since there's better alternative MOBA games like Awesomenauts for example and the game itself feels like it was made for PC. But overall,the game actually feels fun, I really appreciate the setting and tone and the intuitive controls. It's a nice above average game. It's really worth giving a shot.

While I do appreciate the constructive criticism but, 
    LOL but what platform did you get it for.
    Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Budwyzer
    @Fredchuckdave said:

Forgetting the genocide worthy playerbase of MOBAs (look its an acronym that sounds like Dota!) aren't they all supposed to be free to play? Why buy one that isn't?

To have everything in-game be purchasable through in-game currency. The thing about those F2P titles is that everything on there is purchasable through real world currency, and some things are exclusive to it like the Skins on LoL. Being a purchased title, things like that would all be purchasable through in-game gold. 

Now, what platform would you buy it for, were you to purchase the game?  Assuming you have a console and didn't just buy a Xios DS, because you can just play Android games for free on your tv with it.  LOL
    Avatar image for carnifexseverian
    carnifexseverian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By carnifexseverian

Downloaded & played a bit of the demo last night, seemed like to could be fun. If I do end up getting it it would be for PS3.

As someone who is curious of MOBA's and has no decent PC at all to play the mainstream popular ones, this is a good way to sample the gameplay at a low price. I bought & played Awesomenaughts which was a ton a fun, but I did get bored of it eventually. You can't say Awesomenaughts is a definitively a better game yet since this game has been out, what, a few hours?

This offers more standard 3D MOBA gameplay on a platform that has (to my knowledge) nothing else like it. It also feels like a good place to start, to try to learn the ropes of the genre. Fair or not, anytime I hear of how popular LoL or DOTA is, it's almost always followed up with how horrible the community can be. This feels like a good entry level game where I would predict the large majority of the community will not be intense hardcore MOBA fans.

Again, not sure if I'll even get it, but I can certainly see why people would check it out.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Syndrom

i have to review it, feel free to add me on psn: reavx

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MalkavianJD

@Budwyzer said:

While I do appreciate the constructive criticism but, LOL but what platform did you get it for.

PS3

@carnifexseverian said:

You can't say Awesomenaughts is a definitively a better game yet since this game has been out, what, a few hours?

The thing is,Awesomenauts actually feels at least in my opinion like it was made for consoles. While this game while fun and i'm having a blast seriously feels like it was made for PC..yet there's no plans to my knowledge atleast of a PC release. So if you're looking for a more homey console feel i'd say Awesomenauts is better in that aspect.

Avatar image for carnifexseverian
    carnifexseverian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By carnifexseverian

I liked Awesomenaughts quite a bit. It's the only MOBA-like game I've played. It just got a little stale for me after awhile. I can't make a judgement on this at all yet, I might end up hating it. However, it does appear to have a more depth from the little I've played. This being my only option to sample a more fundamental MOBA at the moment, I'm willing to drop $15 bucks, if only for curiosity of the MOBA popularity. Pure gameplay that doesn't rely solely on twitch reflexes, and online objective based multiplayer games are pretty high on my fun list. Both of those attributes seem to be innate to MOBA's, so the genre's worth taking a look at for me.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By BrittonPeele

I have it on 360 and like it quite a bit, though I wish more people were playing.

omeganightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By omeganightmare

I just picked it up on 360. going to be a few days before I can really get into it. Looks like a gateway drug into other MOBA games.

gerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By gerp

I would buy this because the people who play it probably are not assholes like the people that play Dota or LoL,and probably 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.