Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guerrilla Games

Company »

A Dutch game developer most known for the Killzone series.

Guerrilla Games is making a new IP...finally!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Guerrilla Games, the Killzone: Shadow Fall developer has posted to YouTube PlayStation Japan channel a video where the studio's talks about its next project. It was brief and without any real details (see minute 2:20), but it was good to hear they are FINALLY attempting a new IP. It was posted under the heading PS4, so it is not a PS3 game.

I respect Guerrilla Games for going at their IP with hammer & tongs trying to craft something epic, but it was time to stop. They are super talented, but I think they are wasting that talent on an IP that will never catch on.

Executive producer, Angie Smets, said they had already been working for two-and-a-half years and it was a new IP. That seems like a solid start, and could mean when get a hint at e3 2014. At the very least we might expect the game to be done by late 2015, right?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Awesome. Shame they didn't work on that and try get it out for PS4 release rather than Shadow Fall

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Killzone was such a lame and uninteresting IP. I'm happy they're trying something else but I'm fully expecting another boring first person shooter with pretty graphics.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Having done Killzone games since the PS2, which I've never really liked all that much, I'm glad they're finally moving on and doing something different.

I just hope it's not another gloomy military first person shooter

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

Awesome. Shame they didn't work on that and try get it out for PS4 release rather than Shadow Fall

It's probably better this way. Anything that would have had to make it for launch could never been a fully realized IP. If they're going to launch a new IP they need to make a good first impression.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zeik said:

@pie said:

It's probably better this way. Anything that would have had to make it for launch could never been a fully realized IP. If they're going to launch a new IP they need to make a good first impression.

I guess. That's how this always goes. Stuff like Uncharted, gears and killzone were always out a few years later

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Thank goodness. If the rumours of open world rpg are true, I will be quite pleased.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Cool, but hey I could do with a Vietnam shooter for PS4 if they wanted to go back and give it another try....

But hey if they want to do another type of shooter I'll give it a look. Did Shadow Fall wrap up neatly or was the ending left open for a sequel in that universe?

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#9  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

I'm pretty sure they announced this about 2 or3 years ago as a seperate project after they finished killzone 3....

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Fall was awful. I do hope it's not that same team doing the rumored RPG.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Probably called "Zone Killers: A New Beginning".

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, but hey I could do with a Vietnam shooter for PS4 if they wanted to go back and give it another try....

But hey if they want to do another type of shooter I'll give it a look. Did Shadow Fall wrap up neatly or was the ending left open for a sequel in that universe?

I suppose you could call it neat-ish. No cliffhanger occured, but you could probably still push out a sequel easily enough.

Killzone never quite connected with me either, though I didn't greatly dislike 2-4, as some seem to do. Shadow Fall is probably the best of the bunch and had a pretty promising start with some fun ideas implented (like the three-way approach to certain missions...well actually, there really was only one mission to take full advantange of that, sadly), but became boring fast enough. Still, I'll gladly take a new FPS as well, but won't be against another genre either.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Watch it be a World War 2 FPS

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Off topic but am I the only person who liked the first killzone more than the rest of them?

I hope they do something else in the science fiction realm. They're still isn't enough scifi out there in games.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't we known this for a while now?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I really hope it isn't a fps. I want to see them do something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.