Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Ascalonian Catacombs Walkthrough /w PC Gamer Editors

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Ascalonian Catacombs, the first dungeon in Guild Wars 2, played by the editoral staff of PC Gamer. 45 minutes of in-depth commented dungoneering goodness. Cut-scenes and all.

The 'holy trinity free' class design makes group play one of the most interesting and innovative aspects of Guild Wars 2 gameplay. Blizzard's 'Bring the Player, not the Class' mantra taken to its logical conclusion. I guess it will feel much closer to a regular online multiplayer coop action game, like Mass Effect 3's coop mode - only in the context of a high fantasy MMORPG.

Certainly the lack of dedicated healers will be mana from heaven for PvP, no doubt about it. That said, I'm still somewhat skeptical about PvE group play. Let's see how this goes...

Enjoy!

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Benny

Pulling the bosses to the door and closing it shut behind them was an awesome idea, and I agree they'll probably call it a 'feature' rather than an exploit, which is a fine example of free-form game-play that you can expect throughout the game. I too tired of the 10 minute long lecture's on boss strategies, what other games require that kind of contrivance just to complete a boss? Pretty bizarre really.

I'm getting more excited about this game every day.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phampire

The boss fights seem pretty varied (the door mechanic was pretty cool) and required different on-the-go tactics. Looks fun!

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Welding

Yep, looks awesome!

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bankrotas

Looks pretty fun and I really would like to see how different people encounter these bosses their way :)

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MrMazz

that was pretty awesome

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UssjTrunks

The dungeons in this game look very exciting. That's the part of PvE I'm most looking forward to.

On a side note, that Asura intro made me cringe, lol. Mechs, flying machines, teleporters, holographic displays. They resemble the Protoss more than a fantasy race.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.