Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Everyone talking about GW2

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UssjTrunks

I've been playing CS GO for the past few days, and just about every server I go into, people are discussing GW2, or are referencing it in their usernames. I'm surprised by how far reaching the hype is. CS is the last game where I would expect to find people talking about an MMO. Anyone else noticing this in other games?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

I have no idea. My enthusiasm and exposure is limited to these subforums. But it's nice to heat that more people are thinking about it!

I imagine the better this game does early on will directly affect post-game support. But I suppose that's not really a revelation, haha.

Aureoloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aureoloss

I'm not sure what exactly it is, but my entire guild from WoW is reforming in GW2 after our last member quit playing over 2 years ago. We haven't been on any other MMO for more than a free trial / beta test, but GW2 has us super hyped, and we've tried the BWEs and stress tests and are still itching to go tonight

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

People have heard lots of positive things out of the BWEs. Beyond that, Guild Wars 2 is essentially taking the good parts of an MMO, changing the bad parts to be a engaging and active experience for the player, and then tearing down some of the standard conventions. Mix that in with a unique art style and a deep world and you get a lot of hype.

Even with that taken into consideration, though, I am also kind of shocked with how much hype there is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I'm a bit surprised by all the hype too. I played some of the original Guild Wars, but never got too deep into it until the Nightfall. I liked the Dervish class a lot - I beat 2 games with the Dervish, and got about half-way through GWEN. I tried a trial of Factions during a Dragon Festival (a code came in one of the boxes), but never got around to buying it.

Not sure which class in Guild Wars 2 would be up my alley yet. Maybe the Guardian?

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Maystack

Yeah I chatted with a dude in the gb tf2 server about it. And on another forum peple seem to be excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.