Giant Bomb Guild Roster/Registry - Release Edition!!!

• 200 results
#1 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

Giant Bomb Guild Roster/Registry - Release Edition!!!

Hi Everyone

Everything will be wiped come release, as such we are going to put up one final roster in order to get everyone into the new guild as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Please Enter Your Details Here

It's easy - just enter your GB username and your guild wars 2 account name (you can check this by logging into the GW2 website or checking your arenanet registration email)

Remember to include both the name and numbers!

I must note that the people on this list will be the first to be added to the guild upon recreation, and it'll just avoid a lot of fuss and save time if you help us out now rather than waiting for the game to go live.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the last one in case you want to copy/paste

Note that our guild is on the Yak's Bend server (this includes Oceanic / EU guys like myself). There are no plans to change this or split the guild into US/EU/Other parts - there has been much discussion on the subject but all experienced parties agree that the game does not seem to be negatively effected for anyone involved by playing on a US server, and keeping the guild together has the most potential for fun.

Also, servers will be reset from the betas as well, and during the first couple of days of release you can change servers at will for free (no firm numbers, we just know you can) - so I encourage those on the fence to try Yak's Bend out.

#2 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3340 posts) -

Can't wait to roll deep with y'all at launch. We seem to have a pretty big crew at this point.

Should we sub-divide the roster by rank? If only for organizational purposes?

#3 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (819 posts) -

I'm still not too clear on the server situation. Is it like WoW where you can create characters on any server at any time, or do you have to commit the moment you pick a server and all of your subsequent characters are locked to that server?

#4 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@Zomgfruitbunnies said:

I'm still not too clear on the server situation. Is it like WoW where you can create characters on any server at any time, or do you have to commit the moment you pick a server and all of your subsequent characters are locked to that server?

The latter - you pick a server and it locks your entire account into that server. It costs around $15 to change servers (and move your characters) to a high-population server and like half of that to go to a low population server.

However, "guesting" on other servers is free. This is a system which wasn't in place during the betas, but is thus-far confirmed for launch. When guesting you can take any of your characters and play on any of the servers with them, free of charge - the only limitation being WvW, which you can only do on your home server.

#5 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Done and done. Only little over a week to go! AAAAH!

#6 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@Maystack said:

Done and done. Only little over a week to go! AAAAH!

7d 22h 16mins!

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I'm totally not going to sign up for this just to bother !

#8 Posted by Jopiri (5 posts) -

Signed! Yay! I can't wait! :O

#9 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Can I add my name for the future because my bro says he'll buy us (myself and him) a copy at launch; but if not then I'll buy it around Christmas.

#10 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@zyn said:

Can I add my name for the future because my bro says he'll buy us (myself and him) a copy at launch; but if not then I'll buy it around Christmas.

Sure, just add a note and update it when you have more info. Our adding process is quite efficient, so it won't slow us down if your account doesn't exist in-game when we go through the list.

#11 Edited by Benny (1953 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic Guesting is confirmed to be something they will add after launch unfortunately.

It is described as something you'll be able to do "in time"

#12 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@Benny said:

@selfconfessedcynic Guesting is confirmed to be something they will add after launch unfortunately http://ow.ly/d1RGm It is described as something you'll be able to do "in time"

Sigh - I should have figured as much. It not being in ANY of the betas was a rather dead giveaway.

There you go , something to consider.

#13 Posted by ONIKAGEI (45 posts) -

Added my details, looking forward to playing with you guys... uh.. that came out wrong.

#14 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3340 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

@Benny said:

@selfconfessedcynic Guesting is confirmed to be something they will add after launch unfortunately http://ow.ly/d1RGm It is described as something you'll be able to do "in time"

Sigh - I should have figured as much. It not being in ANY of the betas was a rather dead giveaway.

There you go , something to consider.

Well, it's technically unnecessary since the home server changes will be free initially. Could cause a lot of problems if they don't give an obvious heads-up when they're shutting that deal down, though.

#15 Posted by Bollard (5599 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

Can't wait to roll deep with y'all at launch. We seem to have a pretty big crew at this point.

Should we sub-divide the roster by rank? If only for organizational purposes?

#16 Edited by craptain (13 posts) -

I'm in.

Gonna try Yak's Bend, but I'm using wireless internet on my PC so high pop servers effect my performance a bit.

See you at the next stress test/release!

#17 Posted by shinboy630 (1147 posts) -

Added myself. Also I second what said about splitting by rank, that way all the officers can get in and start inviting others.

#18 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

Added myself. Also I second what said about splitting by rank, that way all the officers can get in and start inviting others.

That was for the stress tests - we'll be sharing the load come release. It'll come down to whomever is online when the round of invites is being sent, which is why I've just lumped all of us together on the list - though one may note that the first 4 are the leaders, followed by the officers in alphabetical order.

ED: Err - shinboy? I see the note you've left, but you have also not read the top of the list >_> (where I highlighted in blue all of the leader and officer names and included yours with a spot for you to fill in your account name).

#19 Posted by IMTHEONEKILLINU (75 posts) -

Signed up. Also, we should petition for an in game Lincoln Force shirt!

#20 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

Man, I want to get in on the juicy launch stuff but I start uni the 27th and I'm moving out on the 31st. Timing!

#21 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

I'm totally not going to sign up for this just to bother !

You're a jerk, A JERK.

#22 Posted by silentdante (57 posts) -

done and done

now for one last great stress test blowout!

#23 Posted by Malaiki (29 posts) -

Added mine, think I did it right apologies if I didn't. Not sure if I'll be in for the 25th have a load of work to do around the house so I might not be on till 29th.

#24 Posted by Subjugation (4722 posts) -
Dat Google doc.
#25 Posted by llamaegg (227 posts) -

Done & done! Now to distract myself for a week till the game comes out.

#26 Posted by MrMazz (990 posts) -

In the words of Pierce Hawthorne LETS BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN

#27 Posted by Lukeweizer (2692 posts) -

Finally had my "A-ha!" moment with the Beta last weekend. Finally found a way to play the Guardian that I actually enjoy. Really excited for the game now!

#28 Posted by Fattony12000 (7460 posts) -

UGH!

#29 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -

I want to get in but I'm really afraid of the server you guys chose. I live in central America and the US servers are always the ones that work best with my conection. I don't want to have a 300 ping, you know? If you guys are sure it won't affect me then I would gladly join the duders guild!

#30 Posted by Dourin (233 posts) -

@Deusx: Yak's Bend isn't a US server? Well, that's news to me, but as someone playing from the US, I never noticed if that's the case.

#31 Edited by Bollard (5599 posts) -

@Deusx said:

I want to get in but I'm really afraid of the server you guys chose. I live in central America and the US servers are always the ones that work best with my conection. I don't want to have a 300 ping, you know? If you guys are sure it won't affect me then I would gladly join the duders guild!

@Dourin said:

@Deusx: Yak's Bend isn't a US server? Well, that's news to me, but as someone playing from the US, I never noticed if that's the case.

What the what? Yaks Bend is the most US of the US servers, I don't understand...

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-worlds-of-guild-wars-2/

#32 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3340 posts) -

@Deusx: @Dourin: No worries, it's an American server.

#33 Posted by Dourin (233 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: I was confused as well haha. I'd just assumed it was US.

#34 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -

@Dourin: @Dark_Lord_Spam: @Chavtheworld: Yeah you guys are right, my mistake but thanks then! I'll add my info in a bit!

#35 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

Just signed up on roster. Can't wait to play on next Saturday.

#36 Posted by theimmortalbum (498 posts) -

Signed and signed and signed. I already told my wife that I'd be waking back up at 2 AM to get in at hour 0.

#37 Posted by Mister_V (1314 posts) -

Done and done. See you guys ingame.

#38 Posted by Xeirus (1306 posts) -

@theimmortalbum said:

Signed and signed and signed. I already told my wife that I'd be waking back up at 2 AM to get in at hour 0.

They said they're opening it earlier than that FYI, they said likely "a couple hours before"

#39 Posted by Felgrim (26 posts) -

Signed and ready! Totally excited to join everyone in game. Can't take my eyes off the wiki in the mean time! 0_o

#40 Posted by shinboy630 (1147 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@theimmortalbum said:

They said they're opening it earlier than that FYI, they said likely "a couple hours before"

They said "up to 3 hours before" specifically, so it could be midnight (I'm eastern US), it could be 2:59. My guess is somewhere around 1:30, because most of the BWEs started 60-90 minutes early.

#41 Posted by IMTHEONEKILLINU (75 posts) -

I kinda hope they open the servers early. Saturday is my 11 year anniversary and I can't figure out how to break it to my wife that I need to play this game.

#42 Posted by Subjugation (4722 posts) -

@IMTHEONEKILLINU: Oh man, tread lightly duder.

#43 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3340 posts) -

@IMTHEONEKILLINU: You have to really sell it, is how.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HONEY! I got you no me for the next week!"

#44 Posted by IMTHEONEKILLINU (75 posts) -

If I had Giant Bomb cash, I'd just lay a trail of 100's From the bedroom to the front door. Sadly I don't and I don't think she's gonna forget. My plan B is that I took Monday and Tuesday as vacation days. That's MY anniversary present to myself.

#45 Posted by Gantrathor (212 posts) -

So wait, how do I enter my info on there? I've never used Google doc before. I think I got it, but I don't know. Hmmmm. I feel like an old man.

#46 Posted by Xeirus (1306 posts) -

@Gantrathor: You just type, it auto-saves. THE FUTURE!

#47 Posted by Gantrathor (212 posts) -

@Xeirus: Mind officially blown!

#48 Posted by Xeirus (1306 posts) -

@Gantrathor: Don't feel bad, I can't figure out how to start a new thread on double fine's forums....

#49 Posted by project343 (2828 posts) -

Release edition? Oh boy. Saying release is making me giddy after so many years of waiting...

#50 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

Oh wow, so many people on this list I don't recognize.

I hope to play with more of y'all come release.

@project343 said:

Release edition? Oh boy. Saying release is making me giddy after so many years of waiting...

Release!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.