Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Jeff and the Bombcast 3-27

• 114 results
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Milkman
    @phrosnite

@NickL: Yeah, but thing he says are "bad" actually aren't. Combay being clunky? You f-ing kidding me? The level design is better. He didn't like that either. He likes, "oh, look I'm behind this invincible chest-high wall and will shoot the guys until they die". He didn't like that the new level design made you move around a lot.

I'm not oppossed to talking about the things a game didn't live up to. It's just Jeff is completely WRONG! It's like the thing with Vinny and Dragon Age 2's combat system. F-ing ridiculous and totally unprofessional.

Good lord, shut up. First, the game isn't out. You haven't played so to already declare Jeff wrong is incredibly stupid. Second, let's pretend you have played the game. It's okay to disagree with Jeff. It really is. It doesn't make him "ridiculous" and "unprofessional." Third, Jeff said he played the game for like an hour. He didn't write the review. He just it wasn't grabbing him yet. Just take a deep breath and calm down. You're embarrassing yourself.
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By phrosnite

@Milkman said:

@phrosnite

@NickL: Yeah, but thing he says are "bad" actually aren't. Combay being clunky? You f-ing kidding me? The level design is better. He didn't like that either. He likes, "oh, look I'm behind this invincible chest-high wall and will shoot the guys until they die". He didn't like that the new level design made you move around a lot.

I'm not oppossed to talking about the things a game didn't live up to. It's just Jeff is completely WRONG! It's like the thing with Vinny and Dragon Age 2's combat system. F-ing ridiculous and totally unprofessional.

Good lord, shut up. First, the game isn't out. You haven't played so to already declare Jeff wrong is incredibly stupid. Second, let's pretend you have played the game. It's okay to disagree with Jeff. It really is. It doesn't make him "ridiculous" and "unprofessional." Third, Jeff said he played the game for like an hour. He didn't write the review. He just it wasn't grabbing him yet. Just take a deep breath and calm down. You're embarrassing yourself.

I was talking about ME3. LOL! Pay attention to my posts.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By The_Ruiner

When has Jeff ever really spoken highly of any MMO since the WOW beta? They just aren't his kind of game.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By ajamafalous

Didn't he say he played it for like four hours or something, not just one?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#105  Edited By Bollard

@WindFall259: Jeff's opinion is Jeff's opinion, this game looks fucking unbelievable. Total Biscuit is saying it's the best MMO since WoW, and it's better than WoW is now to boot. He should fucking know.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Funkydupe

@Chavtheworld: I don't know who Total Biscuit is, is there a page that explains to me why his opinion is uplifted and given weight?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By SlashDance

@Chavtheworld said:

@WindFall259: Jeff's opinion is Jeff's opinion, this game looks fucking unbelievable. Total Biscuit is saying it's the best MMO since WoW,

He said this about SWTOR.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108  Edited By Bollard

@Funkydupe said:

@Chavtheworld: I don't know who Total Biscuit is, is there a page that explains to me why his opinion is uplifted and given weight?

The Cynical Brit brand was created on February 1, 2010 as a new entity following the closure of WoW Radio, an official fansite for the game, World of WarCraft®. Prior to closing, WoW Radio was home to several online radio broadcasts and podcasts related to gaming. The owners, John Bain and Genna Bain concluded that after a number of years, WoW Radio had accomplished all that it was capable of within it’s limitations. More information about WoW Radio can be found on it’s Wiki Page.
    Upon completion of the website, the Cynical Brit brand flourished. Soon afterward, a strong foothold was established in the YouTube™ gaming community with videos quickly bringing in hundreds of thousands of views. After only one year of being in service, the content of Cynical Brit has spread to the eyes and ears of millions.

Source - http://www.cynicalbrit.com/about/ (Total Biscuit's website, he's John Bain btw)

He does game's coverage for a living like Jeff, but actually has a vested interest in the genre.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#109  Edited By Phatmac

Try to keep things in perspective and realize what kind of games Jeff likes. Remember that his personality may have changed since the last time he was invested in GW. I'm sure the game is better than his first impressions. Find other personalities to determine whether this game is good or not. Don't let Giantbomb be your one and only source for gaming advice. They're biased in their own ways, just like most people.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By NickL

@phrosnite said:

@NickL said:

@phrosnite said:

Oh I see, so this is really just about whining because someones opinion is different then yours.

Please carry on.

You clearly didn't get anything. Get your head out of Jeff's ass and start thinking for yourself.

You are saying that you disagree with Jeff's assessment of mechanics in ME3. That is known as a difference of opinion. That makes it sound like you are just butt hurt because he doesn't think exactly like you do. What am I missing here?

ME3 does have clunky combat. Sure it is good when considered against RPGs but I would hardly consider ME3 a true RPG at this point. It obvious wants to be a third person shooter with RPG elements and when you compare it to any decent third person shooter it is super clunky in comparison. But I guess I'm wrong too because my OPINION differs from yours.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By NickL

@The_Ruiner said:

When has Jeff ever really spoken highly of any MMO since the WOW beta? They just aren't his kind of game.

He has said many times that he really liked guild wars 1 which is were this worry is coming from.

I don't think he played it enough to have a true opinion on it though. These things usually start off super slow. Remember pre-searing ascalon and how much bullshit that entire thing was?

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By phrosnite

@NickL: Which game aside from Gears of War has "none clunky" combat? Dead Space 2? Please.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113  Edited By Seppli

Playing a game like Guild Wars 2 for an hour doesn't really qualify Jeff's opinion as an educated one. He tried the game, found out it's actually an MMO, and opted against investing more time into a 48-hours beta on his weekend off. I can fully understand that, since MMOs live by their persistence. I however find that as long as he didn't play it some more, he shouldn't talk smack about it. Don't say anything, unless you got something good to say. At least until you actually got an educated opinion.

That said, it's the BombCast and the GiantBomb crew. It's all about shooting opinions haphazardly from the hip. He'll change his tune, if he actually gives it the time of day, I'm sure. Everybody else seems to like it, and it looks amazing on video. Oh well - less than a month 'til I'm playing it in the next weekend preview beta. Even if I pre-purchased the game for the priviledge.

btw. Press Beta Access allows for Videocapture! Where's our QuickLook? Missed opportunity!

Edit: Have some Yogcast instead of a Quicklook. I found this vid especially delightful... a truffle, if you will.

oldschool2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By oldschool2112

"...and turned it off after the first hour"

This is why his opinion doesn't matter. Its like someone giving EVE a pass after an hr because you can't figure out how to remove something from your cargo hold, when that has nothing to do with how the game plays.

What was really upsetting was no one, not even Ryan, calling him out for his BS or offering to give it an actual playtest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.