Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Microtransactions are a non-issue, remember these?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Benny

Was reminded of this by GW2Guru of all places...

No Caption Provided

Guild influence bonuses are far more powerful than ones bought in the cash shop, and there are currently no influence boosters of any sort in the microtransaction store.

I'm also pretty sure that mobs will drop, or people can craft the non-account based, non-cosmetic stuff.

Have a nice day.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Then is it that the people spending their money in the cash shop are getting a shit deal? Because that doesn't seem cool either.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Benny

@Dark_Lord_Spam: takes a lot of people's effort to unlock these bonuses, whereas a weaker version of these buffs can be obtained for one person's cash. I'm sure they will be balanced around release, this stuff is beta after all.

crummo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crummo

This is a really good point. The guru forums need to be reminded of this. They're smoldering in rage right now. Me, I'm not really worried about the cash shop being bad to players. Doesn't seem like Arenanet has any track record of being greedy/shitty to players. If you can earn anything via time in game that you can buy in the cash shop, then who can really complain?

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

Then is it that the people spending their money in the cash shop are getting a shit deal? Because that doesn't seem cool either.

Not at all. Let's say you want to quickly level up an alt or don't have time to farm for hours in order to buy that nice armour you want. In those cases, you'll just buy the appropriate bonuses or gems that you can sell for gold.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Beaudacious

The more i learn about the Meta layer over this game the less i want to play it.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By makari

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

If you provide someone an option and they choose to take that option then obviously the option is compelling enough to take. If the option is compelling and people continue to choose it, it cannot be a rip off for those people. You may not think it is worth it, but everyone has different viewpoints on relative worth.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.