Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

New site for GW2 builds, has potential to be awesome

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Benny

It's called http://gw2codex.com/ and it's set out pretty well and very functional.

It's not particularly useful for sorting highly rated builds as for some reason it wont list them by rating in ascending/descending order but I'd assume in future they'll add different filters so you can find what you're looking for easier. Essentially looks like it could be the PVX for guild wars 2 if they build it out right and as of now it's really useful for messing with builds and browsing some top rated ones to see what everyone else is thinking about.

Just a random build I selected to show what sharing builds made there looks like. I guess in future they could add trait information and secondary weapon set to this image too.

All in all a useful little tool but the site is in the early stages so don't pay too much attention to ratings or anything since builds aren't vetted or tested (hopefully in the future though.)

Even if it fades into obscurity it's a nice tool to prepare for the next beta.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UssjTrunks

Definitely the best tool so far. I like that people can include rune/sigil/amulet info in the descrption (but all the builds should be forced to include it). It's also great how it saves the builds.

Nice website skin too, not some broken flash thing like most of the other ones.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Benny

@UssjTrunks: Absolutely, with that build the sigils used are explained but sigils and runes used should be a pre-requisite for all builds on that site really considering how important they are to a build.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Benny said:

@UssjTrunks: Absolutely, with that build the sigils used are explained but sigils and runes used should be a pre-requisite for all builds on that site really considering how important they are to a build.

I didn't notice right away that the build you posted included them too, hence the ninja edit lol. It should definitely be mandatory though. Anyone can come up with a quick trait + skill build, but that doesn't really help you too much. Traits can give a +300 boost at most to any stat, while runes and amulets can give close to +1000.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maystack

Seems like it could be a great site. I used PvX way more than I should have done in the original GW because I can't make builds for shit. I'm trying to do them myself in GW2, but it's always nice having a large collection of builds to browse through.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By shinboy630

Looks like it has some promise. I'm waiting for the GW2 equivalent of Team Builder so I can start making team builds. I feel like the combo system would make a tool like that super useful.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zyn

Nice looking site.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Maystack said:

Seems like it could be a great site. I used PvX way more than I should have done in the original GW because I can't make builds for shit. I'm trying to do them myself in GW2, but it's always nice having a large collection of builds to browse through.

Only a few builds will be viable once the game goes live so those types of sites are perfectly fine to use. These pro esport dudes know their shit. Even right now during the beta, I came up with my own builds only to go on guru or youtube and see that some pro made an even better one by a few % points (it eventually gets to the point where the builds are mathematically perfect and can't be improved anymore). Even in games like StarCraft, only a few strategies are really viable in competitive play.

@shinboy630 said:

Looks like it has some promise. I'm waiting for the GW2 equivalent of Team Builder so I can start making team builds. I feel like the combo system would make a tool like that super useful.

That would be really cool.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maystack

@UssjTrunks: Well sure for PvP maybe, but I doubt there'll be just a few builds running around PvE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It's a neat site.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.