Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

Anyone else play this game regularly?

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By No0b0rAmA

As a pretty regular Guild Wars player, I'm just curious on how many people on Giant Bomb are playing Guild Wars, either regularly or on and off.  Considering that Guild Wars 2 is coming out sometime in 2011-2012, I'd be intrested to see who's moving over from the original.
    Anyone who just outright quit the game? Either way, let me know if any of you guys are up for playing Guild Wars sometime.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I have Rank 9 emote and quit.   

I come back once in a while for a Spiker Team in HoH, but no luck. 

I'm content with my Tiger emote.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @KaosAngel: Have you played any of the GW Beyond content?
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @No0b0rAmA: I quit with that first expansion pack, not the standalone...the one that needed the original game.
    Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Liber

I recently started playing the campaign with 2 more friends ... we were pretty bored and were looking for cooperative RPG.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @KaosAngel: The Guild Wars Beyond is free end game content which bridges Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2.

@Liber
    How are you liking it?
    Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Liber
    @No0b0rAmA: My friends like it a lot.

I used to PVP a lot long long long time ago, but I quit because the guild I was in broke apart.
     Can't wait for GW2.
    HummingLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HummingLight

I've kinda been itching to play it again but I can't remember my account info at all.  Still kinda tempted to just buy another copy of it but haven't gotten around to it. 
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @HummingLight: It should be your email+password+a character name
    Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Itwastuesday

For reasons of forum cleanliness, I've decided to bump this thread rather than start my own. Anyone playing currently/interested in playing again? The Guild Wars 2 hype has gotten the better of me and I've decided to make poor life decisions and start a new character. The last time I played this game I was probably 13 in 2005. I don't remember anything and have no idea what's going on. I'm currently playing the Prophecies campaign.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've been off and on since the game first came out. i've currently been on a 3 month long hiatus from the game. before going on my hiatus, i was running around with a ritualist that i enjoyed using in pvp. the toon's name is sharon coxx. in pve, sharon is a spirit spammer. in pvp, it was all about using lightning spells along with that one item skill that had a 10% armor penetration effect on nearby targets. i've recently been getting the itch to play again.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Anyone got a GB guild?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 71Ranchero

I would play but I lost my key during a move and shortly after they made the change that you have to know one of your characters names to log in. I wish I had connections like Jeff =(

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Anyone got a GB guild?

Not sure. Which brings me to why I bothered posting...

Who is interested in adding this to the GiantBomb PC Gaming Hub? I brought it up to Ahmad and it's own the 'to-do' list so to speak, but I've been slacking off for the past few weeks. So to get things rolling, I wanted to do a couple of things.

1. Check to see if there is already an established GB guild and, if there isn't, make one.
    2. Find someone to lead the guild. I can start it up as I'm not already part of another guild, but I would feel weird leading it seeing as how I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to game. I don't know what it, but I would just feel weird 'being the one in charge' when there are a ton of people who know more about the game than I do. lol, is that weird? I dunno, it's ust how I feel about that. Like I said, I'll start the guild if you guys don't mind though.
    3. Get a headcount. If you're interested then let me know and also include whether or not you're guildless or already part of a guild. I want to stress this point because I do want all duders to be apart of this if they want, but I don't want to pull them away from their guild if they're already in one. So I figured we'll do something like everyone who is already part of guild will just be put into a list somewhere and everyone in the guild will just have to add them to their friend list. Either that or we'll have to start a 'sub-Steam group' for all us Guild Wars players so it's easier to keep track of everything.
    4. And lastly, as far as scheduling goes, this being an MMO, someone may always be on and so you can probably always ask someone for help, but do you guys want to do scheduled events? For instance, one day may be our PvP day and another we'll grind out a particular section of the HoM and the next day another, etc etc. Just throwing ideas around about what we'll actually be doing so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to list them. This is, after all, a Giant Bomb community thing so it's whatever the community is down with.

So yeah, I think that's about it. Post, let me know what's up, etc etc. Let's get this party started!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@BabyChooChoo: I've got a fair amount of platinum that I could use to start it up, but I wanted to know if there was a GB guild already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.