Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 28, 2005

Guild Wars is a 'competitive online role-playing game' developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft, notable for instanced, skilled play and for being one of the first games of its time without a subscription fee.

Guild Wars Community Hub

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Hello Everyone!

I hope some of you have heard or seen the thread that AhmadMetallic made regarding a huge PC Gaming Hub for the community. It’s a big project and me and whoever else I can get to help are going to be leading the way for the Guild Wars community to be a part of this.

The PC Gaming Hub thread can be found here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/pc/60-94/community-project-pc-gaming-hub-lets-play-games-together/35-530725/

Please do check out the other groups that are starting as well.

Also you should know: There's now an IRC channel for the gb community to chit chat and go on impromptu runs of random games, just thought i'd tell you if you'd like to jump on and have a laugh. http://webchat.quakenet.org/ channel is gb_gaming_hub

Guild Wars is on track to be added to the hub, but there's still work to be done and that's where you guys come in!

So, there's a few things we need to sort out first. The first, and most important, thing is I need to know who would be interested in being a part of this? The more, the merrier! Even if you don't play often, but would still like to hop on every blue moon then let us know.

Second, for those of us without a guild, what should the official Giant Bomb community guild be called? Keep it simple and just call it Giant Bomb or should we name it something fancier? Post your suggestions below.

And lastly, those of you with guilds you don't want to leave, but are still interested in playing with the rest of us, please let us know. Everyone is more than welcome to be a part of the fun. I'll just write down the names of those who are already a part of another guild and we'll come up with a clever way of keeping track of everyone at a later point.

If you're interested in playing the game, but want to try it out first, you can grab the free trial HERE

If you decide you like the game after the trial, worry not, as there is no monthly fee, but you do have to buy the game. Seeing as the game is pretty old though, you should be able to pick it up for cheap if you search around. Once you buy it though, that's it. It's yours. There's no monthly fee so you can play to your heart's content.

Lastly, I thought it'd be worth noting that Guild Wars has a reward system in the form of the Hall of Monuments that unlocks a ton of cosmetic items for Guild Wars 2 provided you're dedicated enough to obtain them. So those of you who are going to be getting GW2 might find this particularly interesting.

I think that's about it for now. Post any questions and comments below and let's get this party started!!!

(Props to VisariLoyalist over at the Eve Community Hub because I totally stole part of this introduction from him haha)

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By shinboy630

I am 100% interested. I can lead if need be, as well. I am currently in charge of guild that is just me + a few friends that I used to play with that are never on anymore. It is called Lose Intelligence Fail Epically [LiFe], and while the hall isnt full, we have the basics. Of course, if the community wants to form a new guild that's cool too, and I have access to another account that I can put in charge of mine.

bunnyfiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bunnyfiend

I'm interested as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@BabyChooChoo: I'm def interested, I'm just jumping in for the first time really. I had a level 2 char from 3 years ago, but...level 2, come on.

@shinboy630 said:

I am 100% interested. I can lead if need be, as well. I am currently in charge of guild that is just me + a few friends that I used to play with that are never on anymore. It is called Lose Intelligence Fail Epically [LiFe], and while the hall isnt full, we have the basics. Of course, if the community wants to form a new guild that's cool too, and I have access to another account that I can put in charge of mine.

Can I join the guild if you still play?

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JaredA

Hmm... I know this is a little old now, but if you are still trying to get people together for this I am interested

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.