Guitar Hero knows Rock Anthems, not National Anthems

Posted by KensterFox (246 posts) -

Couldn't help but bring this up. In Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, when it comes time for your band to play in London, you see lights coming on at "Ye Olde Royal Odeon" and a band member throwing up a rock hand to the camera, while a pompous, majestic anthem plays in the background, first traditionally, then in guitar power chords.

Only... the song is "La Marseillaise", the national anthem of France, not the United Kingdom.

Guess GH3 expects its players to not be particularly well versed in THAT particular genre of music. Although I'm pretty sure English and French players noticed.

#1 Posted by KensterFox (246 posts) -

Couldn't help but bring this up. In Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, when it comes time for your band to play in London, you see lights coming on at "Ye Olde Royal Odeon" and a band member throwing up a rock hand to the camera, while a pompous, majestic anthem plays in the background, first traditionally, then in guitar power chords.

Only... the song is "La Marseillaise", the national anthem of France, not the United Kingdom.

Guess GH3 expects its players to not be particularly well versed in THAT particular genre of music. Although I'm pretty sure English and French players noticed.

#2 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -

Wow, yeah that would NOT be a good idea. think of all the Muslims you would offend.

#3 Posted by SonicHomeboy (192 posts) -

Hmm. That is interesting. If I do get the game, I'll have to check that out.

#4 Posted by Elijah (139 posts) -

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

I'm British and I noticed, and I was glad. I'd rather have the French national anthem than the British national anthem. Our national anthem sucks.

#6 Posted by KensterFox (246 posts) -

I always enjoyed hearing Queen play "God Save the Queen" (that's "My Country, Tis of Thee" for clueless Americans), but, you're right, it's not nearly as... aggressive, perhaps. But I think "Rule, Brittania!" would have fit there nicely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.