Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

The sixth core entry in Activision's Guitar Hero series represents the last entry developed by Neversoft.

Don't Make Me Promises You Can't Keep

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 1

Edited By kariyanine

I like to use Amazon to buy my games.  It saves me a trip to Gamestop and I generally pay less money for my games than I would if I walked into a store and bought them on release day.   The only thing that has been holding me back exclusively is the fact that despite offering Release Day Delivery they are highly inconsistent in regards to actually fulfilling that promise.   When Metroid: Other M released it was supposed to be here on release day because I had paid the extra money to have it delivered then yet instead in showed up two days later.  Whilee Metroid: Other M could be chalked up to a one off, today they lost a lot of my confidence in their service.  

I have committed to doing the Hooked Gamers review of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and so I ordered it from Amazon selected release day delivery and today I have no game.  In fact the game has not even shipped yet.  What I have gotten from Amazon is a sorry, we're going to refund your shipping money and send it out to you soon.  Soon?  When is soon?  Will I get it tomorrow?  How about the next day? 

This puts me in a bind because I am now going to have to rush my playthrough of the game to write up the review.  Amazon, you have failed me.  I have no trust in you anymore you dirty traitorous bitch.  OK, maybe that is a little harsh but still I have little to no confidence that they are going to have Medal of Honor to me on release day and I need it that day to run a community night.  Has anyone else had issues with Amazon's supposed release date delivery?

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kariyanine

I like to use Amazon to buy my games.  It saves me a trip to Gamestop and I generally pay less money for my games than I would if I walked into a store and bought them on release day.   The only thing that has been holding me back exclusively is the fact that despite offering Release Day Delivery they are highly inconsistent in regards to actually fulfilling that promise.   When Metroid: Other M released it was supposed to be here on release day because I had paid the extra money to have it delivered then yet instead in showed up two days later.  Whilee Metroid: Other M could be chalked up to a one off, today they lost a lot of my confidence in their service.  

I have committed to doing the Hooked Gamers review of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and so I ordered it from Amazon selected release day delivery and today I have no game.  In fact the game has not even shipped yet.  What I have gotten from Amazon is a sorry, we're going to refund your shipping money and send it out to you soon.  Soon?  When is soon?  Will I get it tomorrow?  How about the next day? 

This puts me in a bind because I am now going to have to rush my playthrough of the game to write up the review.  Amazon, you have failed me.  I have no trust in you anymore you dirty traitorous bitch.  OK, maybe that is a little harsh but still I have little to no confidence that they are going to have Medal of Honor to me on release day and I need it that day to run a community night.  Has anyone else had issues with Amazon's supposed release date delivery?

WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By WrathOfBanja

All i can say is at least its not gamestop.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

That's rough. You should have realized the importance of getting the game on release day though, and just went in to a store. Oh well. Live and learn.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By schizogony

You gotta pay for a game you're reviewing for someone else?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrPockets000

Maybe you should have gone to Gamestop.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By vaiz

Play GH5, but play the songs in Guitar Hero WOR over it. Done.

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kariyanine
    @schizogony: not all sites get review copies and writers that work for smaller independent sites (of which there are many) generally have to buy their own copies.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @kariyanine said:
    " I like to use Amazon to buy my games.  It saves me a trip to Gamestop and I generally pay less money for my games than I would if I walked into a store and bought them on release day.   The only thing that has been holding me back exclusively is the fact that despite offering Release Day Delivery they are highly inconsistent in regards to actually fulfilling that promise.   When Metroid: Other M released it was supposed to be here on release day because I had paid the extra money to have it delivered then yet instead in showed up two days later.  Whilee Metroid: Other M could be chalked up to a one off, today they lost a lot of my confidence in their service.    I have committed to doing the Hooked Gamers review of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and so I ordered it from Amazon selected release day delivery and today I have no game.  In fact the game has not even shipped yet.  What I have gotten from Amazon is a sorry, we're going to refund your shipping money and send it out to you soon.  Soon?  When is soon?  Will I get it tomorrow?  How about the next day?   This puts me in a bind because I am now going to have to rush my playthrough of the game to write up the review.  Amazon, you have failed me.  I have no trust in you anymore you dirty traitorous bitch.  OK, maybe that is a little harsh but still I have little to no confidence that they are going to have Medal of Honor to me on release day and I need it that day to run a community night.  Has anyone else had issues with Amazon's supposed release date delivery? "  
    Then ask for a refund of the extra money you paid for street day shipping 
    @WrathOfBanja
    said:
    " All i can say is at least its not gamestop. "
    And why is that? What is your reason for hating gamestop? 
    kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kariyanine

No need to ask, they automatically refunded the shipping fee, its just that it put me in a bad spot with writing my review.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

The price of laziness, it would seem. Use your legs, head to a store for Medal of Honor. You're not really saving any money if you're paying extra for shipping, that doesn't even work.

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kariyanine
    @XII_Sniper: actually with Amazon's deals I rarely ever pay full price for a game (for example I paid $32 for Warriors of Rock).  I paid $45 for Castlevania this week and Medal of Honor is going to cost me $50.  The shipping fee is a mere dollar for release date delivery (although it was more a couple months ago) and I believe Amazon does not charge a sales tax thus I do end up saving quite a bit by being lazy.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ
    @kariyanine: Price-wise that does sound pretty good, but then again there is only one way to guarantee you get a copy day 1, and that's going to a store. Why not just buy the games you know you'll need sooner in a store, and order the rest online?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.