Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

Mission Accomplished: Halo 3 ODST on Heroic

SUPERGHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By SUPERGHOST

Campaign Complete: Heroic
    Completed the Campaign on Heroic difficulty.

Gamerscore = 100   Acquired 16/10/2009

Shortly after completing the game on Normal I decided to tackle ODST on Heroic solo.  I found that playing the game on Heroic was a more challenging and therefore, in my opinion, more enjoyable than my normal play through.  While I searched high and low for all the audio logs I still would up being four short of the 30 that could be found in total.  I will get them all one of these days!  Next stop will be the Legendary difficulty, but I will not be tackling that alone, I will be saving that for some co-op action.  A side note on the above, I actually finished the campaign on the 17th, but because I had already finished a couple of the levels on Legendary, it binged the achievement a little early.

Laser Blaster

Got 10 Spartan Laser kills on ONI Alpha Site.

Gamerscore = 5   Acquired 16/10/2009

Achievement Spotlight – 46,000+ Gamerscore: While completing the campaign I also was able to surpass the 46,000 Gamerscore plateau.  With all the games I have yet to play this season I believe I have an outside chance of cracking 50K before the end of the year!  We will see what happens.

Bungie.net : Halo 3 ODST

SUPERGHOST's Haunted House of Xbox

SUPERGHOST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SUPERGHOST

Campaign Complete: Heroic
    Completed the Campaign on Heroic difficulty.

Gamerscore = 100   Acquired 16/10/2009

Shortly after completing the game on Normal I decided to tackle ODST on Heroic solo.  I found that playing the game on Heroic was a more challenging and therefore, in my opinion, more enjoyable than my normal play through.  While I searched high and low for all the audio logs I still would up being four short of the 30 that could be found in total.  I will get them all one of these days!  Next stop will be the Legendary difficulty, but I will not be tackling that alone, I will be saving that for some co-op action.  A side note on the above, I actually finished the campaign on the 17th, but because I had already finished a couple of the levels on Legendary, it binged the achievement a little early.

Laser Blaster

Got 10 Spartan Laser kills on ONI Alpha Site.

Gamerscore = 5   Acquired 16/10/2009

Achievement Spotlight – 46,000+ Gamerscore: While completing the campaign I also was able to surpass the 46,000 Gamerscore plateau.  With all the games I have yet to play this season I believe I have an outside chance of cracking 50K before the end of the year!  We will see what happens.

Bungie.net : Halo 3 ODST

SUPERGHOST's Haunted House of Xbox

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Congratulations! I've been playing on Heroic since Halo 2, this game may be the first one I try on Legendary.

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LincoIn
    @SUPERGHOST: Glad you liked it, I thought ODST was a very refreshing Halo experience. If you need someone to help you through the coop or Firefight hit me up, GT: SSL Cole. ;)
    Avatar image for bread_or_decide
    bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bread_or_decide

I played Halo and Halo 2 on normal. But when Halo 3 told me "heroic" is how the game is meant to be played I stuck with it for that game and ODST. Truly the best experience when playing the game. Challenging but not frustrating. Smart enemies that force you to create good strategies for taking them down. Too much fun.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#5  Edited By citizenkane

I want to get back and play this game on Heroic and Legendary, but Modern Warfare 2 is going to take up ALL my time this month.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

My friends played through ODST on Legendary the night it came out. Heroic by yourself sounds like a real challenge though.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson

I did Heroic solo on my first playthrough, as is the way it should be done. Then I went back and got my Legendary solo on. Man, I love Halo.

TethysOssian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TethysOssian

I'd love to say I'm proud of you but Bungie themselves have said that heroic is what you SHOULD be playing on if you have ever played a fps before.  So color me unimpressed for doing the norm.  Perhaps I'm a little jaded because I'm a fan of the series and feel you should play on the hardest difficulty (It's a very different experience).  

So what difficulty do most people play on?

Personally I always go through on heroic first and then legendary right after and usually just play heroic when I want to play the campaign later.  I do suggest trying easy with all the skulls on -- they can't kill you very quick so you can go guns ablazin' but with tilt, thunderstorm, and mythic on they don't go down very quick either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.