Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

New Gameplay Videos

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DharmaBum

New map Solace, new Dominion (territories) mode, and final game Loadouts:

Here's a good rundown of the new armor abilities and modifications:

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Very impressive. Graphics look great and a lot of the changes made to the gameplay seem smart. A decent evolution of some of the stuff from Reach combined with a little CoD...I'm not sure how the Halo purists will feel about it, but it looks pretty great to me.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoOzak

Is that the same commentator? He sounds abit off... Other than that though this looks alright. But my biggest problem with the last few Halo games were not the weapons, vehicles', or the fundamental gameplay. It was the maps. They fucking sucked. Reach especially had some of the worst maps i've ever seen in a shooter. If they can get that right, and reintroduce big sprawling maps that encourage the use of vehicles' and ground combat that might make Halo interesting again. For me at least.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MistaSparkle

The announcer is horrible now, but everything else seems cool. Love me some Halo, and I hope that PC rumor is true... prolly not though. Kinda didn't like the loadouts in the beginning but they seem balanced the more I watch.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DharmaBum

@Chaser324 said:

A decent evolution of some of the stuff from Reach combined with a little CoD...I'm not sure how the Halo purists will feel about it

Even though they're borrowing certain elements (instant respawn, hit markers, grenade indicator, join in-progress, etc.) the games will still play differently. I'm just relieved that they will support classic stripped-down game types and that MLG will be the first to get their hands on the game. Halo has always been about balance within a diverse sandbox and kill times are longer to allow for more individual decision-making, whereas there's just not as much nuance to the shooting or variety to the encounters in CoD.

@BoOzak said:

Reach especially had some of the worst maps i've ever seen in a shooter.

Amen to that. I don't know if the guys that knew what they were doing had left by then, but Bungie lost touch with what makes a good Halo map - lines of sight, equidistant pathways, consistent geometry, and every space having a purpose.

Perfect map design.
    Perfect map design.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By grilledcheez

The sounds are weird, but everything else looks solid.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JTB123

Looks awesome I just really hope we get some decent maps this time, Halo Reach really dropped the ball in that department, only a handful were good to play. Those promethean weapons seem very underpowered compared to the regular Halo weapons in every video I've seen, still really looking forward to see what they've done with Halo MP in general.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Meltac

Man, the commentator is horrible, compared to the old one, but apart from that it looks like good ol' fun Halo.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Phatmac

I really don't like the new announcer. :(

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrFlapjack

So much Halo. The Dominion video made me realize how much I'm going to miss Invasion.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DharmaBum

@SoothsayerGB: iron sights in Halo? Never. That's the grenade button.

You get a real sense that the Devs want to go forward, while the original and loudest fans are stuck playing Vanilla.

It's more that original Halo fans want to avoid another Reach situation where the developer caters to the social/casual community and ignores the players that actually understand the game. I'm going in with an open mind, but if the new abilities turn out to be gimmicks then hopefully they will be left out of competitive play in favor of traditional simplicity.

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bawlsz

@SoothsayerGB: Halo is more of an arena type shooter, adding iron sights would change the whole pace of the game, there was an interview with Bungie or 343i (I forget) which answered this question, plus this game does not need iron sights, it may feel off to you, but it makes it feel unique and it is not a step backwards ADS isn't an improvement or evolution, its just a design choice, you may fee like that, but majority of don't want that is because again it would change the whole game, and wouldn't be Halo.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By zombie2011

Dominion looks amazing, probably be my go to game mode for Halo 4.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By big_jon

Totally tits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.