Anyone else got depromoted?

#1 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

When I go online it shows me as level 1 and the most basic armor equipment. But, when i go into the armory it shows my real level and how my spartan really looks like. Is this happening to anyone else?

#2 Posted by Irvandus (2820 posts) -

Give it a sec for the server to catch up, happens every now and again.

#3 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I laughed at "depromoted" more then I should have. 

But regardless. I think this was a bug when the game first launched. I'm not sure though. I thought it got fixed if it existed. Maybe they didn't. Maybe it'll fix itself and it just happens sometimes.

#4 Posted by vCOOKIE_MONSTAv (49 posts) -

it's because servers are shifting over to 343 today

#5 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@CL60 said:
I laughed at "depromoted" more then I should have.  But regardless. I think this was a bug when the game first launched. I'm not sure though. I thought it got fixed if it existed.

I was hoping it would be funny.
#6 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

its called demoted. 

#7 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@CL60 said:
You should probably reread your writing when you're pointing out other people's grammatical errors. Not calling you out, just some useful advice. 

I hope I didn't make any mistakes, here. :) 
#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Grammar is srs bsns.

You sure you didn't hack or anything?

#9 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@FireBurger said:

@CL60 said:

You should probably reread your writing when you're pointing out other people's grammatical errors. Not calling you out, just some useful advice.  I hope I didn't make any mistakes, here. :) 
You're taking a joke way too seriously.
#10 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@CL60 said:
@FireBurger said:

@CL60 said:

You should probably reread your writing when you're pointing out other people's grammatical errors. Not calling you out, just some useful advice.  I hope I didn't make any mistakes, here. :) 
Like I said, I wasn't calling you out. I've done the same thing and was just pointing out the irony when it happens.
#11 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@FireBurger said:

@CL60 said:

@FireBurger said:

@CL60 said:

Like I said, I wasn't calling you out. I've done the same thing and was just pointing out the irony when it happens.
Who cares if I had a slight grammatical error? I was just joking about how the word depromoted doesn't even exist, then you had to come in and say "Irony! you said then instead of than!!"
#12 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@CL60: At this point, of the two of us, you are clearly the one taking this seriously. I was just messing around, you got way too defensive. I'm done.
#13 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2307 posts) -

Servers were going through some issues today. Might have been because of the transition from Bungie to MS with the Halo servers.

Should be fine now, though. 

Also, stop fighting over grammatical errors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.