Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Anyone else suffer from this repeatedly?

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoeMarsden

I keep jumping into matchmaking, only for 2 or so of my team members leave about one minute into the game. In Team Slayer, that'd leave me with one other guy versus four, and depending on the map, that can be even more imbalanced than it may seem. I get the impression that generally its because they get into a few brawls, lose, and so they leave us to our demise. 

Problem for anyone else? It's really killing the multiplayer for me at the moment, especially considering the 30,000 or so credits I need to rank up.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bravetoaster

Yeah, people are sore losers.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

I usually stick to Invasion or Big Team Battle but yeah, it sucks. I'm glad Bungie at least try to scare people off from doing it with the 15 minute ban thing.

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoeMarsden

Happens to me Invasion all the time too, because I generally like to play the objective based modes over 'Slayer' which is boring as hell.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By octaslash

Yes and it's a still a pretty big problem. You should have the option to forfeit without penalty if you're outnumbered 2 to 1.

I'm glad people aren't forced to join games in progress, but it's ridiculous when you have to face impossible odds.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By HairyMike87

Well, if those people keep leaving the game, I think they get penalized where they could actually be on probation from matchmaking. So lets hope this stops people from leaving from now on because I'm sick of it too.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7  Edited By SunKing

I'm running into this problem all the time, and I think there should be larger penalties for this kind of behaviour. Some kind of XP penalty, maybe. And I agree with Octaslash: there should be a forfeit option out there like that.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

I do this, but only when it's Slayer Pro. I refuse to play that game mode. Okay force us to use DMRs, I don't care, but for fuck's sake, don't take away the pistol! 

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

This happens to me every time I play Invasion. All the teammates that get off to a bad start just decide to leave, and it becomes me and two other people against the entire opposite team. Why can't I be on that opposite team? Their people never quit!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax
    @Axxol said:
    " Yeah, people are sore losers. "
    Not necessarily. I've quit a few times because I personally don't enjoy getting spawn-sniped. I play the game to have fun. That's not fun.
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bravetoaster
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Axxol said:
    Not necessarily. I've quit a few times because I personally don't enjoy getting spawn-sniped. I play the game to have fun. That's not fun. "
    You should at least try to get as many kills as possible. You'll walk away with more experience.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By natetodamax
    @Axxol said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @Axxol said:
    Not necessarily. I've quit a few times because I personally don't enjoy getting spawn-sniped. I play the game to have fun. That's not fun. "
    You should at least try to get as many kills as possible. You'll walk away with more experience. "
    In the situations that I quit it's because it's literally impossible for me to get anyone. Like yesterday, when I did team doubles on Pinnacle, both of the enemies were in separate towers with sniper rifles and I was spawning out in the open each time. Cue getting killed every time I spawn.
    Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Bigrhyno

I only leave if I already have other teammates that have left, and there's really no point to continue, but I think leaving would occur a lot less if Bungie had better playlist selection. I don't even play team slayer because of the likelihood that I am going to get into a mode that I don't want to play.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kmdrkul

Bungie temporarily bans players from leaving/getting booted too many times.  It happened to me last night; I don't know how long the ban was but it was longer than just a couple of games' worth of time.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By natetodamax
    @kmdrkul said:
    " Bungie temporarily bans players from leaving/getting booted too many times.  It happened to me last night; I don't know how long the ban was but it was longer than just a couple of games' worth of time. "
    It's a 15 minute ban
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaneDev

Happens a lot to me, I wonder if they disconnect or quit though either way it sucks when you have to play on.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17  Edited By SunKing
    @natetodamax: @natetodamax said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @Axxol said:
    You should at least try to get as many kills as possible. You'll walk away with more experience. "
    In the situations that I quit it's because it's literally impossible for me to get anyone. Like yesterday, when I did team doubles on Pinnacle, both of the enemies were in separate towers with sniper rifles and I was spawning out in the open each time. Cue getting killed every time I spawn. "
    There is no having fun in Team Sniper when you're on a sucky team, they all leave, and the opposite team has moved up to spawn camp the base from afar. This is part of the reason why I think Team Sniper needs its own playlist.
    JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JoeMarsden

The Team Sniper thing happened to me not long ago, and yeah it's a pain in the ass, but people seem to leave my game before anything remotely annoying can happen. Like, they've died once or twice on a map that doesn't even really support sniper spam, or whatever you want to call it. They just leave, and it's killing me.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Quipido
    @natetodamax:  15mins after how many times a player quits? I never leaved a game, even fineshed couple of 1 vs 4, just curious. 

Also, couple of hundret cR penalty for every quitting would be great. If you have a bad connection, get a better one, its not fair to people you play with anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.