Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Competeive Matchmaking should have a Forfeit option

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsmoke77

As a result of the experience system changing you don't lose anything if you leave a match but if you leave enough matches you will be warned to not leave a match again or you will be temporarily banned. This system kinda works except for the fact if all of your teammates leave and your left in a 1 vs 4 match its not really that fun for either side. In my opinion if all your teammates leave it should prompt you to decide if you want to Forfeit the match and it not go agianst your record for quitting games. 

Sure your going to say, just don't quit any other games and your be fine. But in my case my network once in a while cuts out and causes me to disconnect which did cause me to get temporary banned even tho its not suppose too and there has been games where the other team has been considerably better than ours and its either leave the game or I might break my controller. 

Overall its just really not fun when you have 8  minutes left in a game and its a 1 vs 4.

xpogox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xpogox

I would agree with the 1 vs 4 comment but that's the only time i think you should be allowed to quit without some sort of penalty. Much like Halo 2 and 3 people decide they don't like the game type and quit before the first round even starts......screw quitters.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigsmoke77

I just noticed i totally fucked the title in regards to spelling. FUCK! lol

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SSValis

only if they accompanied the forfeit button with the other team executing the forfeiter by firing squad

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bobdaman18

I'd like to be able to forfeit even if no one leaves your team. 

Hey, its 30 to 0 and theres still 5 min left, we're not gonna come back from this, gg.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6442941ed320c
    deactivated-6442941ed320c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That'd be okay, I guess. If say half the team wants to forfeit. 

I did do a post a few days ago saying that you can still have fun even if you're out-numbered like this. Grab the cloak, if you can, and be stealthy. Try picking them off one by one. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

Definitely in the case of quitters on your team.

A message should come up telling everyone on both teams "soandso are quittters and fucktards" and then the game should end.

Reach also has problems with members of one team getting all the vehicles and then the game being decided from there.  Until that is fixed I won't be playing team based modes :/

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
    @Diamond: they never "fixed" it in three. or 2, for that matter. control the power weapons  and the vehicles, control the world. sort of the rules of the game
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond
    @CoheedFavorHouse:  Well it seems to me that the vehicles to anti-vehicle weapons & abilities are more out of whack in Reach than ever before.  Never ever felt like this in 3.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Damien
    @bigsmoke77:  I agree 110%.  I feel like you should be able to leave without penalty if half of your team quits.  Or just let us quit.  I don't want to play invasion slayer.  I wanted invasion.  That's why I'm in the invasion playlist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.