Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

CR (Credit) Daily Cap

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CraigAA1028

Since I don't have a whole lot else to do between jobs, I've been playing alot of Halo. Tonight, my online play came to an abrupt halt when I was informed I had reached the credit limit for the day. Its already past midnight so I assume that resets when the daily challenges do. 

Anyway, the limit is apparently 60,000 CR a day. I know the average person probably won't reach this, but it sucks for those looking to rank up as quickly as possible. Why limit us from playing the game? Its not big issue, just annoying. I have to stop playing for the night because I don't want all my play to be for nothing.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Coombs

......60,000?

I think the most I've hit so far is 10k in a day 
    have you been playing non-stop since you woke up? 

But yeah,  
    that's stupid that there is a limit.

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CraigAA1028

Yeah I pretty much play from the time I wake up till night time. Believe me, I was surprised I hit that limit too. I got the 60,000 number from surfing around Bungie.net.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @CraigAA said:
    " Yeah I pretty much play from the time I wake up till night time. Believe me, I was surprised I hit that limit too. I got the 60,000 number from surfing around Bungie.net. "
    Sounds like you needed a break anyway....
    thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thaijedi

You can't get more than 5000 credits offline total. So I have 15000 credits. It sucks. My internet got cut off and I can't get credits!!

MystDragon3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MystDragon3k

Its probably to prevent boosters or hackers from getting way too many credits than they deserve or something along those lines.
    Like you said, most people probably arent going to get that many anyway.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

First of all, that's a huge cap. Holy shit.  

Second of all, if you your enjoyment of Halo is dependent on whether you're leveling up or not... I really don't see why you're playing at all.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By flufflogic

Well, Lt. Colonel's 450k, so you'd get that in 8 days (because a half-day's still a day when you can't go to the next rank). 

That's a massive cap anyway, seeing as a matchmade game can net 600 minimum, I think, so it's 100 games max. That's a massive cap!

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By OldManLight
    @CraigAA I can see how people would hit that cap but I like that its there, curbs boosting to some extent. I play about 1-3 hours a day and spend a lot of time on challenges and net about 12000 a day (average from the last 10 days)
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By killer_meatballs

60, 000  a day, damn!  That's a lot of game-play.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Sir your mental derangement is impressive. That's a lot of credits but like MystDragon said the cap is probably in there to stop boosters and hackers.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By SunKing

If boosters and hackers won't ruin the game for themselves then let them. All the upgrades you get are cosmetic; they don't affect anyone else's enjoyment of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CraigAA said:
    " Since I don't have a whole lot else to do between jobs, I've been playing alot of Halo. Tonight, my online play came to an abrupt halt when I was informed I had reached the credit limit for the day. Its already past midnight so I assume that resets when the daily challenges do.   Anyway, the limit is apparently 60,000 CR a day. I know the average person probably won't reach this, but it sucks for those looking to rank up as quickly as possible. Why limit us from playing the game? Its not big issue, just annoying. I have to stop playing for the night because I don't want all my play to be for nothing. "

I think it's so people like you (not meant to be offensive) play for more than two weeks. If you stop playing for the night because you can't level up, what will you do when you've unlocked everything there is to unlock?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DystopiaX
    @animathias: uhhh...play the game for fun instead of trying to run around with cool armor and people calling you a loser for making general so damn fast? 
    Seriously, I don't understand why lately people seem to think you need a CoD style system telling you how much progress you've made for you to even consider playing a game. What happened to just enjoying a game so much you play it for the gameplay, not for achievements, levels, or any of that?
    CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CraigAA1028

To answer any questions as to why I want my play to count, I want to be Lt. Colonal. Why? That damn achievement.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@DystopiaX said:
    " @animathias: uhhh...play the game for fun instead of trying to run around with cool armor and people calling you a loser for making general so damn fast? Seriously, I don't understand why lately people seem to think you need a CoD style system telling you how much progress you've made for you to even consider playing a game. What happened to just enjoying a game so much you play it for the gameplay, not for achievements, levels, or any of that? "
    Right on duder.

Its all about those damn achievements and ranks.
    Sorry but I can't see the fun in it...
    "Yo man I got the rank achievement!"
    "Awesome! Shall we play a round of Halo then?"
    "Nah man, got 1000/1000, no reason to play"
    "...-.-"
    Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MightyMayorMike
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " First of all, that's a huge cap. Holy shit.    Second of all, if you your enjoyment of Halo is dependent on whether you're leveling up or not... I really don't see why you're playing at all. "
    Because progress can make games fun? I love Reach, but I'd be bummed if what I was doing had no effect on the Spartan I've been building up.
    CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By CptChiken

60,000 in one day!?  
    Dude, you worry me.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DrPockets000

It was probably time for you to take a break.  

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xyzygy

Um, 60,000 is a lot. Why are you saying that's bad? It'll only take you 3 days and a few hours to get the electric armor. I don't think I'll ever get that.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jack268
    @xyzygy said:
    " Um, 60,000 is a lot. Why are you saying that's bad? It'll only take you 3 days and a few hours to get the electric armor. I don't think I'll ever get that. "
    the electric armor is 2 million, not 200 thousand afaik. 

60k a day... I think I net about 6...
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sanryd
    @Jack268 said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Um, 60,000 is a lot. Why are you saying that's bad? It'll only take you 3 days and a few hours to get the electric armor. I don't think I'll ever get that. "
    the electric armor is 2 million, not 200 thousand afaik.  60k a day... I think I net about 6... "
    Yeah, it would actually work out to around over a month straight of playing at least 100 games a day. 

I guess I know what I'll never be getting.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ryax

not trying to be a dick but dude... get a life

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Raymayne
    @xyzygy said:
    'Electric armor' is 2 million credits, not 200,000.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Coombs

I'm sitting at a total of 65k right now, And thats after not spending any all week

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jack268
    @tdk08 said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    the electric armor is 2 million, not 200 thousand afaik.  60k a day... I think I net about 6... "
    Yeah, it would actually work out to around over a month straight of playing at least 100 games a day.  I guess I know what I'll never be getting. "
    heh, I'm probably gonna save every single credit I get until I can afford that shit. Next year by this time I'll have it if I'm lucky :p
    rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rawrz

The cap is put in place to stop boosters from ranking up as fast as possible and reaching the current limit to fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.