Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Credit pop ups in Campaign?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

During the Quick Look, Jeff had the Credit denominations popping up for each kill in the bottom left hand corner (like in Matchmaking). Was this because he had scoring turned on? 

I'm doing Heroic with no scoring and I'm not getting the little notifier. I get Credits when I leave the game, but does that include all my kills? Or just the Commendation/ Medals and then a basic Campaign number? Or do I need to turn on Scoring to get Kill Credits?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CenturionCajun

You're getting scored on everything you do always. Kills, completing levels, getting commendations, and all that. You just have the score in game and at the end of a level turned off by default when you're playing alone or your first time through. You can turn that on from the options when you go back through again. On my first playthrough on normal I got all the way to Sergeant without even realizing it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Lukeweizer: I am not seeing the prompt but yes you are earning credits, I leveled up after playing campaign so yes you are getting credits. I do get the prompt in multiplayer though.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Bouke

I'm playing through the campaign in splitscreen co-op with the scoring turned off, but i keep getting some kind of ribbons or something... they are pretty big and obscure most of my screen. Are those the challenges maybe?
    flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By flufflogic

The ribbons are Commendations. Challenges are what you see in the menu when you press Start, down near the bottom. 

You get scored in campaign with it on or not, getting credit bonuses for special and multikills. You earn the same medals as you would in MP in Campaign, too.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Hooded

You do always get credits, but you can turn it on (first play through or any more) Just turn on the Meta scoring and the credits will also come up with the kill scores.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.