Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Do you think Halo Reach will be what Halo 3 should have been?

• 56 results
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Hitchenson
    DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DoctorOptimist
    @boj4ngles: I thought the set-pieces in Halo 3 were a bit better than Halo 2's, I found the non-scripted Scarab battles (Well, not as totally scripted as it was in Halo 2) were exhilarating and played almost like a FPS Shadow of Colossus. However, it was dragged down by the fact that were you fighting Brutes and you never fought the Elites, the Brutes don't hold a candle to the Elites. The Elites are thankfully being brought back in Reach, more alien than ever with their far more vicious look and the fact that they speak their own language again. 

I hope Bungie doesn't fail to create believable and memorable characters like they did with Halo 2 & ODST (I did like Buck and Dutch though). When I see one member or the entire Noble team sacrifice their life (Or maybe they won't die, they'll just be "missing in action".), I want to feel an impact from it. I felt no impact to Miranda's death in Halo 3, I I felt a little towards Sgt. Johnson's death. I don't expect storytelling on the same level as Mass Effect, but hopefully it will offer a personal and intimate character driven story almost as good or just as good or even better than Half-Life 2's. Bungie are doing something interesting with Noble Six though, making you a new member to the team, where you are essentially a vessel for Six and it's no more apparent with the first-person view cut-scene of Six putting on his helmet. 

I also want to feel impact for the destruction of Reach, since Bungie have been touting that Reach is the primary character of the story. They wanted to create a real, living, breathing, and believable world that you can be immersed in. When I witness the destruction of Reach in the game, I want it to make me to remember Reach.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By the8bitNacho

Judging by the hours I spent with the beta, no, probably not.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54  Edited By boj4ngles
    @DoctorOptimist:
    Well don't worry dude, I'm sure that Reach will be awesome.  I loved all the Halo games (even Halo Wars) and I only nitpick at them cuz it's fun to argue :) 

But I swear if there's a love triangle in Noble Squad I might throw my controller at the wall!
    DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DoctorOptimist
    @Kombat: I was mostly referring to the single-player, but the beta actually played differently from Halo 3. It had it's problems (It's a beta afterall), but it still offered the best multi-player experience for consoles I've had in years. It was far more balanced than Halo 3, it took more skill and didn't spoon feed the player as much. 

@boj4ngles:
     There's a hint for romance between Carter and Kat, as in Kat's background states that she has fierce loyalty towards her commander. I hope there's a tasteful and non-cheesy chemistry between them. Hopefully a better love relationship than what was between Buck and Dare, which wasn't really cheesy, as much as it was extremely underdeveloped. I also hope there aren't any corny action movieesque one-liners. Then again, Marcus Lehto did state that the characters weren't corny, I just hope he knows what the definition of corny is.
    rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By rosebud04

I Think that Halo reach will be a............................................... HALO game! ....................And that it will have Guns in it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.