Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Elite Specific Game Type

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tbone81889

Anyone else excited to see that Elites are no longer a playable character within Halo multi-player except for the specific Spartan vs Elite game types?  I know I am.  Elites had an unfair advantage over Spartans when it comes to head-shots.  This was specifically noticeable within SWAT game types.  Granted, I am basing this thought on the multi-player trailer Bungie released.  It makes sense though.  The elites are now taller and capable of rolling out of fire and they are only seen within Invasion type matches.   

If you don't believe me try watching this analysis by a player named Hoovaloov.  Very informative and he supports my theory.   

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The Spartans have roll as well, well one Spartan has the same armour ability as the elites and I can only assume it's roll.  And yes it does sound interesting, a rush like gametype where the elites are assaulting sounds good.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

While I think there was a much greater fuss than was necessary over the Elites in the Halo 3 multiplayer I have no problems with Bungie restricting them to the invasion gametype. Going a little off-topic here I thought Bungie released an awesome multiplayer trailer and Tied the Leader carried out a great analysis of it.

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tbone81889

I thought he did an amazing analysis as well.  I learned a lot more than what I would've by myself.  The only thing that I think he missed was the fact that there were 20 dots on the radar in some parts of the trailer.  Specifically it looked like there may have been a 20 man lone wolf death match   I posted a picture below.  Granted, the youtube image is not of the greatest quality and it was much easier to count on TV.   Who knows though.  I may be wrong. 

@Agent47CSim2 said:

" The Spartans have roll as well, well one Spartan has the same armour ability as the elites and I can only assume it's roll.  And yes it does sound interesting, a rush like gametype where the elites are assaulting sounds good. "

Where did you see that?
    No Caption Provided
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DystopiaX
    @tbone81889: yeah...you're taking everything he says as fact. (i have watched the video) 
    Although he certainly seems to get a lot right, the Elites only in certain gametypes part is one of the speculative theories he makes that is less based on facts. 

Think about it: he's going on a trend made in what looks like 1-5 games (NOT gametypes). the elites rushing spartans thing could have been to make things look more cinematic, and the resulting gameplay just a result of them being too lazy to switch gametypes. There just isn't enough data (sample size is too small) to reach this conclusion.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Elites are sick yo
    tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tbone81889
    @DystopiaX: I think you missed the key word "theory" at the end.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DystopiaX
    @tbone81889: Yet your tone suggested that it was fact, and it just isn't. We don't know if there are elite-specific gametypes, and at this point there is no way to tell.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ImperiousRix

Hmmm, I never thought about it that way. 
    Do you think that armor customization will also be taken out of this game?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

Elites SUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

I still have little to no grasp of what this game IS exactly, other than Halo with cooler looking weapons, new weapons and jetpacks. 

Is there a significant difference in play style? Is it more tactical, or more team focused, or is it kinda like battlefield with the scale? 

I just have no grasp on this game.

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tbone81889
    @DystopiaX said:

" @tbone81889: Yet your tone suggested that it was fact, and it just isn't. We don't know if there are elite-specific gametypes, and at this point there is no way to tell. "

I won't deny that.  My first sentence "  Anyone else excited to see that Elites are no longer a playable character within Halo multi-player except for the specific Spartan vs Elite game types?" does come off as factish, because I do believe I'm right.  Also the elites were shown only during Invasion game types.  You could tell this because on the bottom right of the screen it says Invasion Slayer.   @ImperiousRix said:

Hmmm, I never thought about it that way. 
    Do you think that armor customization will also be taken out of this game?

"
    Armor customization will be back  in full force.  If I'm not mistaken I believe within this vidoc one of the designers said that they have much more customizable spartans than before.  I can only imagine that this verifies that there will be customization, which is definitely cool.    

@XII_Sniper: I've always felt that Halo required more team work then other games at higher level of play, but bottom line this too me looks like the definitive Halo title.
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By wh1terav3n
    @tbone81889: The spartans vs. elites may be elite specific for one side, but that does not mean that you can't play as an elite other times, though I am inclined to think so personally. As for customization, the spartan you play as in single player carries over to multiplayer which includes male and female (including Male and Female Noble 6 VOs for campaign) and more armor customization, you can see in the vidoc them placing parts onto the spartan.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bionicicide
    @tbone81889: 
    I counted 12 red dots.

I think each race gets one special ability, Elites will have roll and Spartans will have assassinations.
    tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tbone81889
    @Bionicicide: This picture is a very poor screen shot.  I watched it on my TV and it offered a much better view which allowed me to \split up some of the bigger dots into multiple dots, if you know what I mean.  Also, this screen may not have been at the exact moment where there was around 20.  Granted, I may be wrong.   

Regardless though, unless they're system linking it appears that they may off increased the max number of players via live for a slayer match.
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bionicicide
    @tbone81889:
    Even though Halo multiplayer should have more than 16, I don't think Halo Reach will. Bungie would of bragged about a higher player count by now.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DystopiaX
    @tbone81889:  
    I know, my previous point earlier was that the elites only appeared there because it was an extension of the scene where the Elites and Spartans were charging each other, and they just played out the game for footage, so in reality you could mix teams with spartans/elites, they just chose not to. Basically, you could be right, but there's just not enough info to tell. 

And it's an opinion thing, but to me the title of "definitive halo title" will always go to CE.
    Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Moztacular
    @DystopiaX said:
    And it's an opinion thing, but to me the title of "definitive halo title" will always go to CE. "

yep, I really can't believe bungie is making this game. After all their chest beating about moving on to bigger and better things they're gonna put out the same shit multiplayer from 3 years ago except with jetpacks. woohoo. (P.S. I bought Halo 2 and 3 at midnight launches and used to love the halo franchise and what it could be)
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DystopiaX
    @moztacular: I believe they're contractually obligated to Microsoft to make this last halo game, so they're kind of forced to. According to their weekly updates they're already working on something else too, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.