Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Halo: Reach: First Impressions

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

Edited By RAmpersaND

I'm more than halfway through Reach's campaign, and aside from Mission V's introduction of the jet pack, single-player hasn't really excited me. However, I can tell from just two online matches of Big Team Battle that I'll be enjoying this game's multi-player for a long time to come!

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RAmpersaND

I'm more than halfway through Reach's campaign, and aside from Mission V's introduction of the jet pack, single-player hasn't really excited me. However, I can tell from just two online matches of Big Team Battle that I'll be enjoying this game's multi-player for a long time to come!

sublime50lbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sublime50lbc

Yea, much like the other games, the campaign hasn't really left much an impression on me. It's just more of the same pretty much.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Campaign had its moments, but it's not as grand as people expected.
    I do enjoy Halo's style in general since we've been drowned in those modern war shooters the last year, so this was a fresh wind.

Multiplayer is bloody ace, that's just a fact.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

The multiplayer is pretty cool but after a while it gets pretty boring unless you're playing with friends.

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RAmpersaND
    @Sublime50lbc: I just finished the campaign, and I'd go so far as to say that it's Bungie's weakest ever!

@TaliciaDragonsong: I loved Modern Warfare 2, but I'm having a blast getting back into unrealistic combat!

@natetodamax: I can foresee that happening, so I'll try to stick with friends as much as possible!
    A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow
    @RAmpersaND:  halo has realistic combat          who is to say what combat will be like in the 26th century
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Halo Reach's campaign was lazily developed. They made the game difficult by making the Elites immune to instant-kill weaponry such as rocket launchers, swords, and plasma grenades. Halo CE's campaign was challenging because the AI was smart and conniving, not fucking cheap.

The story had so much room for development, but they had to fuck it up with a short length and tons of cheap deaths to characters we don't even care about. If Bungie made Reach a squad-based game with usual Halo combat, Noble team might've been memorable and useful; but Bungie had to make the characters a bunch of useless teleporting NPCs that were too dumb to follow you all the fucking way. There were no wide-open levels like Bungie promised, thus making Halo Reach just Halo3 again with actual impactful weaponry and cheaply designed AI. This campaign was not fucking fun at all.

If Bungie's 200 team members weren't so fucking lazy, Halo Reach may have actually been the ambitious title that Bungie vowed to be. The single player was not only short, it was bland, forgetful, inelegant, and dishonest towards honest fans. The multiplayer is a step above the shit-fest that was Halo3, but it's just an excuse for something that made the series incredible: the fucking campaign. Despite the length and lack of content, ODST's campaign was better than this bullshit; I thought Bungie had learn from their mistakes with Halo3 all because of ODST, but I guess I have been substantially wronged - betrayed, even.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By tkalsey
    @natetodamax:  100% agreed
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By captain_clayman
    @natetodamax said:
    " The multiplayer is pretty cool but after a while it gets pretty boring unless you're playing with friends. "
    same with any game.  if you play by yourself it's boring as shit.   
    nothing is as fun as playing CTF with warthogs with your friends and frantically trying to jump into the warthog with the flag and then make the escape back to the base. 
    or 2 on 2 sniper match with friends on the cage.  oh yes. 

or firefight. 

god i need to get reach, and an xbox.  i only got to play for like 3 hours with my friends.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By natetodamax
    @captain_clayman said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " The multiplayer is pretty cool but after a while it gets pretty boring unless you're playing with friends. "
    same with any game.  if you play by yourself it's boring as shit.   nothing is as fun as playing CTF with warthogs with your friends and frantically trying to jump into the warthog with the flag and then make the escape back to the base. or 2 on 2 sniper match with friends on the cage.  oh yes.  or firefight.  god i need to get reach, and an xbox.  i only got to play for like 3 hours with my friends. "
    I don't feel the same way with every game. Reach gets boring by yourself because there isn't enough variety.
    RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RAmpersaND
    @Tru3_Blu3: I screamed when Elites survived blasts from my Fuel Rod Gun, I laughed when Kat died, and I groaned when Emile ran into walls. Overall, Reach's campaign really was a letdown; nevertheless, I continue to be impressed with the quality of the game's multi-player, and I look forward to sharing my complete thoughts on both halves of Reach in my upcoming "Final Verdict"!

@natetodamax said:

" Reach gets boring by yourself because there isn't enough variety. "

You really think so? Personally, I've been pleasantly surprised time and again by just how much fun I can have during any type of match! I like playing alone and with teammates. I like meeting objectives and racking up kills. There are so many maps, weapons, and load-outs that the combinations seem endless!

Maybe I just haven't been playing long enough to become jaded like you? (Haha.) Whatever the case may be, thanks for the follow!
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By natetodamax
    @RAmpersaND: It got the point where the multiplayer experience for me was just "This is the game mode where everyone has a DMR, this is the game mode where everyone has a sniper rifle, this is the game mode where everyone has an assault rifle". I guess I just came to love Call Of Duty's level of customization and type of multiplayer than Halo's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.