Halo Reach still worth picking up?

#1 Posted by THRICE (167 posts) -

After nearly a year is Halo Reach still worth picking up for multiplayer? Picking up a 360 tomorrow and deciding what to get and havn't heard much on Reach since launch. It doesn't seem to have the same staying power on public consciousness as Halo 3 did was wondering if that reflected in the online as well.

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4776 posts) -

The community is still going very strong and Bungie are constantly updating and adding game modes. Sure, why not get it.

#3 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

It's still going strong.

#4 Posted by THRICE (167 posts) -

Cool thanks guys.

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

Are you getting a 4gb 360? If so you won't be able to play co-op. Also I suggest Halo Wars if you want a strong community...

#6 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Halo fans are the most fanatic online players. You don't have to worry about that.

#7 Edited by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@THRICE: Yeah they have releasing new playlist updates and community features like moneybag.Plus the forge community is pretty strong.Pretty much 85% of people who bought the game the day it came out are still playing.Well according to Bungie.net anyway.
#8 Edited by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Do you like Halo? If you like Halo, buy it.  I'ts like Halo x 4, at least.

#9 Posted by THRICE (167 posts) -
@Agent47:  Thank you, that was the kind of response I was looking for. My concern was buying it and the community be dried up. With Halo 3 for a long time afterward there were always video game media outlets and front page youtube postings about cool forge stuff and awesome kills, videos, etc. Reach after release kind of went silent not too mention Bungie being part of Activision now support for it wasn't clear to me.
#10 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

They release map packs constantly, whoever they is. That is a good game! I think you'd be able to play it forever.

#11 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Absolutely my man.

#12 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1862 posts) -

I enjoyed both the single player campaign and the online experience, and plan to fire it back up in the near future. A good game that you'll get a lot out of!

#13 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Hell yes, why wouldn't it be?

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -
#15 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3192 posts) -

No. Bungie's left it to die out by not fixing anything. As a Halo fan, Reach is horrible. But still, you might like it considering that you're probably not a hardcore fan of the Halo series like I am.

#16 Posted by JTMosh (257 posts) -

I never really liked Halo at all but Reach was one of my favorite games from last year. The ending is really great.

#17 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

Its Halo so of course its community is still going strong. That game will continue to stay strong until whenever the next Halo game comes out, and maybe even longer depending on its quality. Theres not much talk about Reach now since forge is no longer new and Call of Duty is the new popular franchise to love or hate.

#18 Edited by Vexed (313 posts) -

The community is definitely still there.  I play at least once a week and the lobbies fill up nice and quick for most of the playlists.

#19 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@THRICE: Yeah they add little updates here and there mainly balancing and new modes.People like Roosterteeth still make a lot of Halo Reach content.Not to mention Red Vs Blue Season 9.So it kind of shows they still care about it.
#20 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

It's still worth it but you're gonna get destroyed the first couple of matches

#21 Posted by Fattony12000 (7083 posts) -

Reach is the best Halo game since CE, and definitely has the best multiplayer of all the Halo games.

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (14054 posts) -

If you like Halo then it's well worth picking up and the Reach community is still one of the most active and thriving game communities on the 360.

#23 Posted by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -

The single-player campaign is pretty good (much better than ODST), so I'd recommend it for that. 

#24 Posted by Andorski (5202 posts) -

As a non-Halo fan, I enjoyed Reach.  Just set your 360 to mute everyone except friends when playing online and you will have an enjoyable experience.

#25 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2102 posts) -

Yeah, I still play a few online matches or play through a single player level (with scoring on) every week (just about my only gaming I do actually).

#26 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:
" It's still worth it but you're gonna get destroyed the first couple of matches "
this.  people are REALLY good at halo (surprise!)
#27 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@captain_clayman
@Yanngc33 said:
" It's still worth it but you're gonna get destroyed the first couple of matches "
this.  people are REALLY good at halo (surprise!)
Plus there's nothing else quite like it so you'll be starting from scratch
#28 Posted by MightyJ77 (40 posts) -

Definitely still worth picking up.  Just make sure you have some MS points as well for the map packs.

#29 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Totally. Halo Reach is a fully featured game that's well worth the price of admission. 

#30 Edited by SpacePenguin (476 posts) -

Nearly a year? Dude hasnt it only been like 7 months? There is still a bunch of people playing it and if Im not mistaken they released a new map bak about a month ago and I think they still have plans on making more :)

#31 Posted by Creigz (183 posts) -

It's totally worth it, even for just single player alone. I don't play multiplayer much anymore, or even play the game that much but when I hop on it is just as much fun as the first time I did. Which is more than I can say about most of my Xbox titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.