Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

How would you have made Halo: Reach better?

noodles91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noodles91

I love this game immensely, so much so that i spent nigh on 5 hours out in the bitterly freezing winds just to purchase it. 
    I love how it is essentially 3 games in one, the campaign, firefight and multiplayer modes could each have retailed for £40 and I still would have bought each, and I'm sure the reviews would still be similar to what they are. 
    I have not slept since (well, barely), but I feel that immersed in the game that I have started to pick out the little flaws. 
    Theres the obvious things like how god-damn annoying Legendary mode is, and wondering if I'll ever up that achievement. 
    But theres the little parts, such as how useless the majority of the plasma-based weapons are online. Only the needle rifle is of any use, and even still, it is some way off how useful the beam rifle and the needler were in Halo 3. 
    So what I would like to know is what you would change to make it better?
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Scullinator

I kind of miss dual wielding SMGs.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sumbog

kart racing 

Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Hashbrowns

Getting a solid framerate in cutscenes would be a nice start.  It could also use a bit more build-up to the introduction of the Covenant, and more time spent with Noble Team getting to know them before things go sour.
    finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By finstern
    @Scullinator: seen an elite dual wielding plasma rifles in campaign. 

but on another note, remove all traces of the buggers >_< bungie lied when they said they had gotten rid of them
    Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

Take off limits to how many players can join certain maps in matchmaking.   Its annoying when after 5-6 friends log on we have to switch to BTB and there's only a few maps and modes to play.  The larger maps are way too big and boring, and it'd be cool to play "the cage" with a ton of people, even if it'd be really crowded.  I don't know why their restricted, in COD sometimes you get rust in the rotation even though there's probably too many people for it.  I also don't like the single weapon modes in matchmaking like Snipers or Rockets only.  I don't understand why people would want to play those competitively, they feel like something you'd do with some friends in custom matches.  Lastly add classic slayer to Arenas.  When I think of Halo 1,2,3 I imagine starting with a assault rifle and a pistol.  Its super irritating to only have 2 modes in arenas that involve Battle rifles.

On paper Halo's matchmaking has TONs of options and it seems great, but when you actually play for hours on end it just feels like your playing Snipers on Asylum all day.

imo  :)

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PS3RG

Make co-op work on 4GB Slims.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

PS3 release. Not saying it would be better on PS3 - just I'd actually be able to play the full thing without being restricted from the online portions on my 360.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Make better playlists.

If I pick Team Slayer I don't want to play Headhunter/SWAT.
    If I pick Big Team Slayer I don't want to play Big Team Headhunter/SWAT. 

Can't we just have a slayer list like in Halo 3? Simple 6 on 6 slayers or ctf's, anything but Call of Duty mode.

Kermity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kermity

Needler and Plasma Pistol both are still formidable weapons from my experience.   

My only complaint so far is getting booted from a game last night where I only had one accidental betrayal, and that was because somebody decided to jetpack towards my banshee while I was boosting.  I don't know how I'd improve it but the booting system still isn't perfect. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-6442941ed320c
    deactivated-6442941ed320c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kermity:  Yeah, I got booted earlier for a betrayal. Accidentally sniped someone standing in front of me when lining up a shot when all 3 of us were moving. I was doing the best on our team and after killing the enemy, I was just kicked. I know I did wrong, regardless of who was where, but I kinda felt a bit let down that one mistake was *so* bad. I'd like to see a system where say, people can vote if they forgive or want to punish. After, say, 2 punishes, you're out.
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've only noticed lag in the first cut scene so far, so personally I don't think that's an issue.  At the moment I can't think of anything, but I'm sure there's some nitpicky stuff I'd discover later on that I would.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunnBjorn

That's a question for 343 Studios.
    Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Hyuzen

make it easier

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple. Let us decide what we want to play online. Whether it's a PC-esque server list, checkboxes in a menu (I'm thinking Smash Bros. Level/Item customizer,) or some sort of custom game creator/search with matchmaking, I would absolutely love to see some option of control over what games I'll be ushered into. The voting system is a nice touch over their previous attempts, but I'm still being forced into really stupid gametypes against my will on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I can get behind a good game of Snipers when the mood is right - but when one is in the mood to play Halo (spawn, crazy gunfight, die, etc...) it kind of sucks to get put into what boils down into a very quiet game of Hide-and-Seek for 10 minutes.

Besides that, I think the game is pretty phenomenal. 

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Teran

Two things.  Minor Spoilers, but if you looked at any of the screen shots you know the covenant are in this game.

First, I would alter the first mission to actually be against human separatists.  I was so excited when it looked as though the first mission might be against rebels... I really wanted a situation like the covenant invading in the midst of a pitched firefight with rebel humans... perhaps forcing an uneasy alliance between the forces that could have added more depth to the meta story, or made the Spartans look that much cooler for winning.

Second, rebalance the shotgun around a faster rate of fire.  It's the only gun in the game that really just doesn't feel right to me.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Dragons.  Dragons make everything better.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Mystyr_E

-Getting rid of the quitting ban
    -Make friendly AI actually useful
    -Make weapon damage actually consistent 
    -Making SWAT its own playlist

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JamesBoyce

Making more modes their own playlist, that's it's only real downfall for me.  I can never get into the games I want :(

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hashbrowns said:
    " Getting a solid framerate in cutscenes would be a nice start.  It could also use a bit more build-up to the introduction of the Covenant, and more time spent with Noble Team getting to know them before things go sour. "
    I'm pretty much onboard with this. The "Covenant-on-Reach" revelation is underwhelming. The gravity of the situation just isn't conveyed well.
    Marverous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Marverous

Change the driving controls.  The driving in this game makes me want to yank my hair out.  I wouldn't mind if they assigned the acceleration and brakes to the triggers like driving games.  As it is, I find it unresponsive and restrictive having the steering and camera control on the same analog stick.  Don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, as I haven't seen any complaints out there on this.  Other than that I am thoroughly enjoying everything else. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By bhhawks78

Any non gimmick gametype (like rockets/snipers etc) is broken if you don't start with at least a needle rifle or dmr.  The AR is as useless as halo 2 smgs.  Figured they would have had learned their lesson.

Get rid of swat, if you want twitch go play one of the other 50 shooters that are about twitch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.