Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Matchmaking Info

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Very cool stuff. I really like that you get a choice of what you want to play before the match begins.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Fosssil

If I'm understanding correctly how the Arena works, then it seems like Bungie has finally found a good way to deter boosting and second accounts. The Active Roster feature is a great addition as well, and I'm glad to hear that they've revamped the veto system to allow players to choose from a list of gametypes. May 3rd can't get here soon enough.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kbm600

I am less concerned about this than I am actual gameplay. Bungie, more info concerning that please.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Hitchenson

Dude, yes. Awesome new additions and the UI itself looks awesome. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    @Fosssil said:
    " If I'm understanding correctly how the Arena works, then it seems like Bungie has finally found a good way to deter boosting and second accounts. The Active Roster feature is a great addition as well, and I'm glad to hear that they've revamped the veto system to allow players to choose from a list of gametypes. May 3rd can't get here soon enough. "
    QFT the season rankings thing is just a move of pure genius. What i don't understand is that active roster just seems like the "view party details" that's in place. 

Speaking of which, WHY OH WHY has no other game copied this incredible feature in over 2 years?
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Fosssil
    @crunchUK: Yeah, Active Roster just seems like the natural progression of the Party Details feature from Halo 3. I really like how it is built-in to the main matchmaking menu and updates in real-time; should really streamline the process of joining friends' custom games/MM lobbies.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Looks slick.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Toxin066

Call it McDonald's, cuz...badabababa I'm lovin' it. So far. I think it looks pretty dang good.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK
    @Fosssil said:
    " @crunchUK: Yeah, Active Roster just seems like the natural progression of the Party Details feature from Halo 3. I really like how it is built-in to the main matchmaking menu and updates in real-time; should really streamline the process of joining friends' custom games/MM lobbies. "
    Yeah i was thinking about this earlier and it really is perhaps the ultimate in business cunning... because it will be so EASY to play with friends and also easy to find new ones (auto party up, personal MM search criteria), even if you are not a big fan of the core MP your "halo social circle" so to speak will just drag you back in time and time again and there will be no escape. More people playing will mean more people have the next game of theirs planted in their minds. 
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Ace829

This looks very promising. Hopefully Bungie could at least add some form of clan matchmaking? Clan tags?

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Belonpopo

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.