Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Strange video errors when playing reach.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

I have had some visual issues while playing halo reach. http://yfrog.us/4jkp9z I think it might have something to do with ny hdmi cables or some kind of interference, but I have yet to duplicate this for another game. (although it is kind of rare). Has anyone else had a problem like this?

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PatVB

Is your disk scratched? I know Microsoft has had issues with some Reach disks being scratched but I don't know if that would cause those weird lines to appear...

coreytn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By coreytn81

That is strange, I would think if it's a poor connection or some sort of hardware issue, disc excluded, then it would happen during any video playback via that connection. If you can't recreate this issue with any other game, then I would definitely say it's a disc issue and you might want to contact Microsoft.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    Hyperlinked for ease for viewing.

I've not heard of any problem specifically like this myself but the fact it only happens for Reach suggests it's probably an issue with your disc.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jayross
    @Gamer_152
    Hyperlinked for ease for viewing.

I've not heard of any problem specifically like this myself but the fact it only happens for Reach suggests it's probably an issue with your disc.
    Thanks for linking, the website doesn't auto-link urls when using the mobile site.

The guys at Tested.com think it might have something to do with heat on the gpu.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

I haven't seen anybody have a problem like this.  Most likely it is due to a bad disc.

Robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Robinson

I've seen lines just like that on computers a bunch before.  It usually means that the GPU is overheating.  This could be happening only with reach because reach is really pushing the system more than any other game thus-far would have.  I would heed atomastist's advice and keep it very cool.  I forsee an overheating error in the future

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayross

Okay, thanks for the help. I'll take steps to keep my system cooler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.