Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Things that could've been better.

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By R3Qui4M

As much as I love the game, there are some things that could've been done better in my opinion like better graphics... no just kidding. But I do wish there was something new scenario wise in Reach. All of the missions are out of the template of previous halo games(Warthog level, scorpion level etc.). Space Combat is new but for me it didn't feel all that different from banshee levels or the hornett level from halo 3.  

Another Issue make Warthog self operated in campaign. Friendly driving Ai is so bad that I was driving most of the time (even the rocket hog :-( . Bungie has admitted in a developer conference along with 50 pages on how to do AI, and how hard it is make driving AI in an open battlefield game like Halo. So why not make it so that LT to accelerate. LStick to steer, and RStick to aim in you are playing campaign. for MP that would be overpowered, but you can do that in campaign. right?
    flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By flufflogic

Bah, this is seriously messing up for me... 

The friendly AI needs tooling to be as good as the Heroic/Legendary Elites. At the minute, the AI people are pretty damn useless, not even getting in vehicles with you sometimes and many other errors. 

I'd have also liked the last mission to be a big amalgam of all the best parts:  

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

For me, I would have liked to have seen/experienced/played more set pieces. It always seemed like a cop-out to try and force the sandbox to create every memorable moment for the player in a story-driven game (Bungie has claimed Halo 3, ODST, and Reach are story-driven). It is a shame that most people will probably forget about the Big Moment "at the end" of Reach and will still remember the nuke going off or things going terribly, terribly wrong for the SAS. As a non-Call of Duty example, how could anyone forget Ravenholm? That whole level was memorable. 

Also, I'm getting sick of games claiming to be all about the story and then not delivering on that promise. I don't mind sitting through five minute cutscenes, guys. I'm playing a game billed as story-driven for, you guessed it, the story. Go ahead and put some real effort into your narrative next time around. Jeez.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @KingWilly: You dont think Halo: Reach is story driven???   And i doubt anyone will ever forget the very end of this game, the ending was fantastic!
    Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Brenderous
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By withateethuh
    @Brenderous said:
    "
    "
    There's a difference between an impact and an impact with an explosion.

Also, from my experience playing multiplayer halo games, a sniper shot to the head is an instant kill.
    Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Brenderous
    @withateethuh: I'm pretty bad at halo, so I always have to knock down the over-shield first:P.
    Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Ramone
     At least there is some sort of semblance of story and structure and not just a series of increasingly stupid set peices a la Call Of Duty.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mwng
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @mwng: yeah, I tried to play some today for the challenges, but i couldn't because it had so much lag. 

Ultimately I loved the story and thought the ending was really cool (such a badass way to go out!) 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond
    @mwng:@wasteguru:  I've had some very smooth rounds with strangers over matchmaking.  I think it'll just require a really good connection.  (got the do-all-the-daily-challenges achievement)
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By ez123

Oh yeah, driving AI is terrible. They are much better at shooting.  One thing that would have made it better is that Tron thing that was in ODST.  Night vision can go fuck itself, making this awesome looking game look so shitty.   A way to cycle though armor abilities and a couple more of those abilities would have been cool.    

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @R3Qui4M: the one thing I noticed is that A.I. Driving is much better than Halo 3 was....
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By FreakAche

They should have kept the BR and the alien carbine thing. That is seriously my only complaint about this amazing game.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By withateethuh
    @FreakAche said:
    " They should have kept the BR and the alien carbine thing. That is seriously my only complaint about this amazing game. "
    Fuck that. The DMR is the greatest thing ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.