Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Warning: Campaign scoring = no end game credit scene

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

I don't know if this is a bug or something Bungie intended, but if you're playing through the campaign with scoring turned on you'll miss out on the credits and the brief cinematic that goes with them. I don't want to get into end game spoilers so I'll just say I found it odd when I finished the game without ever seeing the credits and when I checked online I found this from bungie.net:

I didn't get to see the end Credits!
    Likely you have campaign scoring turned on. You should complete the game with scoring turned off to see the game's end credits. 

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Reach_FAQ#_777

If, like me, you missed out on that part you can find the bit you're missing on YouTube.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Djeffers03

I noticed that too, thanks for this.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Well, fuck. I've been playing it on and off with scoring. Is it just really the last level you play that matters? Like if I turn it off before beating it, I'll get the credits sequence? 

Either way, my campaign progress is going reaaaaaaal slow. Multi's too addictive!

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xMP44x

Wow, that's strange. I can't honestly see why you shouldn't be allowed to see the end game credits if you're using scoring. Maybe it's a way of making the game that little bit longer? I'm not really sure, but it does seem like an odd decision on Bungie's behalf.

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @XII_Sniper:  From what I gathered on some other forums you just need to play the final mission (named in the spoiler tag below) with scoring off. I haven't confirmed whether that's true or not, I didn't feel like replaying it after I found the missing footage on YouTube.

OJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By OJ

Thanks for the heads up, been playing with it on and only 2/3 levels away

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikkaQ
    @FunkasaurusRex: Yeah that makes sense that it would just be based off the last mission, since my campaign has kinda been all over the place in terms of playing solo or co-op, heroic, or legendary, scored or not. Too many variables!
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DougQuaid

Thanks for the heads up! 

After finishing the campaign on legendary with a buddy of mine a few nights ago we were both like "wtf?" when it just ended with no credits. 

Do you still earn cR points with scoring turned off though?

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @DougQuaid:  I would assume you still earn credits, it would seem silly if you didn't. Of course, it would be silly if playing with scoring on blocked your end credits...
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Hooded

Wow, i never knew this, completed the game today and thought it ended quite sudden, no credits and what not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.