Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo Wars

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Halo Wars is a real-time strategy game for the Xbox 360. Join the Halo Wars crew on the UNSC ship CFV-88 Spirit of Fire and engage the Covenant head-on in an attempt to hold on to the recently taken human colony of Harvest. All Units!

Your initial impressions?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maxszy

So, Halo Wars came out today! What are you thinking of it so far?

I just completed the fourth mission, and I have to say, I am pretty happy with it. Sure, the ability to have "control groups" or easily select a few units out of a group would be great, but what they have done seems to be working pretty well. I don't want to go into huge detail as I haven't done a lot yet, but I am quite enjoying it. Also, have only done the campaign so far, don't plan to touch the multiplayer till after I finish that.

The cut scenes though, I think are really well done. The story isn't too deep (not yet anyway, but I am not expecting it to go any deeper really) but the cut scenes look really nice and the dialogue is pretty well done.

Anyway, with Halo Wars releasing today March 3rd, what are your initial impressions?

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TomA

I like the demo but not enough to get the full game. And while I'm really looking forward to the Mythic Map Pack for Halo 3,i can wait a few weeks till it comes out on marketplace. I'm not spending 75 bones to get 3 Halo maps and a game I will probably only play regularly for about 2 weeks. But i can see why people could really enjoy this game,especially if they don't have a game capable PC on which you could play more advanced( and in my opinion superior) RTS games. I'm happy that finally, someone got it right  with an RTS on a console,it's quite a solid entry in the Xbox 360's library,and perhaps one of the best console RTS games of all time. All that being said,i'll stick to my Company of Heroes:)

hunt_ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hunt_ad

I have played through the first 6 missions and I really like it. I am really enjoying the skirmish modes though. I didn't think i'd like deathmatch mode as much as I do. Its pretty fun. I'm happy with the game and all it has to offer, lots of fun.

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Steven

I really enjoyed the demo quite a bit but I am unfortunately a victim of our current economic downturn and can't afford it.  =(

Jettblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jettblackk

Ive played the first few missions in the campaign, and actually really like it. I started on heroic difficulty, but havent seen much of a challenge yet, havent messed with multiplayer much yet either, but so far....so good.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MichaelBach

I just finished the campaign. I liked it but would have liked more missions or playable covenant campaign. The cutscenes were awesome!

I am still missing to try out co-op and multiplayer.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain_Fookup

It's a pretty dumbed down RTS game, but other then that it's pretty good. A damn shame that is is Ensemble Studios' last game though.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ttocs
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "It's a pretty dumbed down RTS game, but other then that it's pretty good. A damn shame that is is Ensemble Studios' last game though."
    I agree.  But it's a good enough game that they can be remembered for it.  Plus, it almost seems like they appreciate the Halo universe a lot more than Bungie do.  They really get down and dirty with the Halo universe.  Halo fans will have a feast with this game.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By RandomHero666
    Tarsier said:
    "all units."
    "Local Units"
    Im stuck on one of the early missions in arcadia, u gotta protect 3 transport ships and civilians for 15 minutes, usually by the time i have scorpions up and running im on the last transport ship, pretty hard.
    IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IVIorpheus

The campaign was alright, but too predictable. The multiplayer is much better, as is the cutscenes....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.