Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Question about buying Master Chief Collection?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Should I get the Master Chief Collection even though I have half the games already? I have 3 & 4. Is the Master Chief collection worth the buy?

Avatar image for perpetual_christopher
    Perpetual_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

After the insane failure of a Launch, I think its safe to say the multiplayer good to go. The Remastering of Halo 2 is absolutely gorgeous ('dos cutscenes tho!) and its nice to have them all in one package. if your a fan of the series I reccomend it.

On a side note, all the armor and guns are unlocked in the multiplayer in the games were thats a thing. Just in case thats a thing you cared about, for customizing your loadouts and whatnot.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

It was nice to have all those games in one package. Especially since all games included online coop and multiplayer. If you're a fan then feel free to grab it, especially if its on sale.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Matchmaking still isn't completely fixed and it's been 5 months. Not sure if it's even worth supporting. But single player is fixed and awesome

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By isomeri

If you've never played the first two games in the series, then definitely yes. Even if you have played them, I think that the remaster of Halo 2 is worth checking out.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By saoakden

I wanted to buy Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary but since the Master Chief Collection was announced I've been on the fence about buying the Collection since I have 3 & 4. So I think I'll buy Master Chief Collection. Even though I have 3 & 4. Then again, I wanted to buy games like Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, & The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D even though I have the games on the gamecube. Got OoT 3D and I loved it.

Still want to buy Combat Evolved Anniversary.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By isomeri

@saoakden: The version of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary included in the Master Chief Collection is much better than the one released on the 360. The 360 version had issues with framerate, especially when playing split-screen and it didn't include the original Halo:CE multiplayer. The MCC version has a smooth framerate throughout, the original graphics look fantastic in 1080p and it has the original Halo:CE multiplayer with added levels and weapons from the PC version.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it's worth it. These are the best versions of the Halo games.

Besides the MP launch failure, the Anniversary remakes MS puts out are the only remakes worth the money imo. The Halo and Fable remasters are a huge step above all other remasters. The games are actual remasters not just up scaled old games. The only other remake i've seen that compares is probably Tomb Raider: Definitive edition.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Get it. Even if you never touch 3 and 4, Halo:CE and Halo 2 are great games, plus ODST will be coming shortly. As a total package, it's a steal in terms of content for your dollar. I've never had issues with any of the single-player, and the Halo:CE campaign is still one of the best campaigns ever and 100% holds up today. I'm also happy to report that the MP is no longer busted, and the minor qualms I have left with it (small team sizes, too many quitters) are supposedly being addressed with the next patch. It was not always so, but I can fully recommend the MCC now.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

If you're playing it for the single player it's an incredible package. I never touched the MP, so all of it's problems weren't an issue to me. They have done a stellar job remastering and adding those incredible cutscenes to Halo 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.